Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And the stupidity goes on ... self-sighting ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the stupidity goes on ... self-sighting ...

My OSAP (student loan) showed up VERY late.

I wasn't paying attention to what was going in and coming out of my account.

My auto insurance has been cancelled. (They say they sent me a registered letter but I don't recall getting a notification of same. From their POV, of course, I'm sure they've heard that many times ...)

It will likely take a good 3 weeks to get it back, at the same rates with the same company.

Yet if I can find $700 for a down payment, and am willing to pay more on my monthly premiums, I can get insurance with a different company tomorrow.

*sigh*

Tell them you want proof of the registered letter's tracking number.

Comment

Never thought of that. All they've said so far is the letter hasn't been returned to them.

Comment

If they don't have a tracking number...they never sent anything.

Comment

Registered mail takes at least twice as long as certified mail to deliver, even outside of the holidays. Iirc, every perso. Who even touches the letter has to log it in a book. Unlike certified mail, where the only extra step is at delivery so you can confirm it was delivered and to whom.

It may show up in a few more weeks.

Comment

Quoth Raveni View Post
            Registered mail takes at least twice as long as certified mail to deliver, even outside of the holidays. Iirc, every perso. Who even touches the letter has to log it in a book. Unlike certified mail, where the only extra step is at delivery so you can confirm it was delivered and to whom.

It may show up in a few more weeks.
            No...just...no... Registered mail goes out on the same trucks that certified mail goes out on. It's kept in a locked bag that only gets opened at the plant to verify numbers and replaced into another locked bag to head towards it's next stop. Leaving on the same trucks that the certified will have left on.

Both certified and registered MUST be signed out by the carrier and when we get back at night they MUST be signed back in or the slip showing delivery must be turned in.

If they insist they sent something out and you haven't gotten notice and their tracking number shows that it was noticed/delivered then you can take that up with your home office. If however they can't give you the tracking number information they did NOT send it out either certified or registered. I have heard this several times from customers and it's a lie that has out worn it's welcome in my job.

Comment

Yup. Ask your insurer for the tracking number for the notice; you can enter it at https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction_input - which will tell you whether it was delivered.

Comment

TheSHADOW, thanks for the link ... but I'm not in the U.S.

Aethian, I can believe it's a lame excuse, more often than not.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to check into anything that might apply here in Canada, but I think I'm probably going to end up just having to wait it out.

Regardless, whatever happened with the letter, if I'd kept a closer eye on my account to begin with, I wouldn't be in this mess. Well ... lesson learned.

Comment

Did you ever get it in the mail? I was reminded of this because I just got some registered mail returned to me today that I mailed out in JUNE to Venezuela.

USPS guy at my branch is still sticking to his story... Even says that only some people at his branch can even sign for those locked bags. If that person isn't working that morning? Can't make the handoff and more delays.

Of course, my branch is the special branch where the customer service / PO Box center is in a separate building on the opposite side of the parking lot from the one that actually services the delivery drivers. More than once, I've been told that I can't pick up a certified letter the day I get a notice in my PO box because they attempted delivery and then sent it back to the sorting center. So, USPS pays a guy to walk across the parking lot, fail to get signatures from metal boxes, and then walk them back? Only to come and ACTUALLY leave them the next day?

Comment

Quoth Raveni View Post
                    Did you ever get it in the mail? I was reminded of this because I just got some registered mail returned to me today that I mailed out in JUNE to Venezuela.
                    That can happen. They will go the fastest route but then it depends on the country that sends it back how it will come back.

Quoth Raveni View Post
                    USPS guy at my branch is still sticking to his story... Even says that only some people at his branch can even sign for those locked bags. If that person isn't working that morning? Can't make the handoff and more delays.
                    Um no. Just hell no. Now if that office needs a manager to sign for the bag from the driver then I could see it being delayed by one day cause the trucks come to each office 3-5 times a day.

Quoth Raveni View Post
                    Of course, my branch is the special branch where the customer service / PO Box center is in a separate building on the opposite side of the parking lot from the one that actually services the delivery drivers. More than once, I've been told that I can't pick up a certified letter the day I get a notice in my PO box because they attempted delivery and then sent it back to the sorting center. So, USPS pays a guy to walk across the parking lot, fail to get signatures from metal boxes, and then walk them back? Only to come and ACTUALLY leave them the next day?
                    Seriously what the hell is wrong with your office? We were always told that if we are leaving a notice to make sure to write in that it can't be picked up till the next day. That way as the letter is with the carrier until the carrier comes back you don't waste time coming around the office. But to say it went back to the sorting center? No. It goes into a locked caged room and has to be signed out again.

Comment

I'm so glad we have Aethian here, the insight into the dark, murky, confusing process that is the US postal service is so useful.

That may have sounded sarcastic, I will then hold up a sign.

*NOT SARCASM*
                      My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
                      It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
                        I'm so glad we have Aethian here, the insight into the dark, murky, confusing process that is the US postal service is so useful.

That may have sounded sarcastic, I will then hold up a sign.

*NOT SARCASM*

Hehe, I was thinking the same thing, but less poetic
                        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

*blinks* ....?

Comment

Working...
                          X