This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, time to put up or shut up.

I've finished the edits on my story, and my revised draft is ready to get shopped to agents.

So now it's time for me to put up or shut up - time to start looking for literary agents and see how to submit.
    The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Good luck!

Comment

Good for you. I see too many people who say, "I want to be published but I'm afraid they'll say no and it will destroy my life wahwahwahwah." I can't stand that kind of thinking. You can't be an author unless you have skin like a rhinoceros; the worst they can say is 'No' after all and then you go to the next agent/publisher on the list.

That said, don't get discouraged. As a writer myself and a bookseller, I can tell you firsthand the market is tough. The only genres that are actively growing in fiction are romance and erotica. That's not to say you won't get lucky and hit the right person at the right time, but if you get a few rejections don't give up.

Also don't discount the power of e-publishing and small presses, which usually don't require you be agented. If finding an agent proves difficult, there are plenty of other routes to take (personally I prefer small presses as most of them don't require agented submissions and while small press means less money overall, it also means far less bullshit and more creative control for you- my friend is published by Harlequin and the hoops she has to jump through are unbelievable).

Good luck!
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

I've considered e-publishing through Amazon. I'm not worried about rejections - I'd like to see the story published, but I didn't write it for any specific market, but because the story was in my head. I'll continue writing the follow up stories and all my other projects whether I'm ever published.
        The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

Working...
        X