Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Online sighting (with bonus self-pwnage)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online sighting (with bonus self-pwnage)

I found this the other day on another forum I occasionally visit. This forum is an online discussion group for people like me who use various specific types of software. It's important to note that, while representatives of the various software companies sometimes participate in the discussion, the boards are not in any way affiliated with any company and are not intended for official online support.

Some people just don't seem to get that. Like this guy. He opened a thread to bash a certain company for what he perceived as poor support. Here's what he said (heavily edited to remove references to specific products, companies, or people).

I haven't received anything from <company> about my license transfer for almost two weeks.

The person I sold <product> to needs to use it and he can not activate it so as it stands now he is losing money because of me. . - and your dumb policies.

Did you need to have a freakin board meeting to decide on a license transfer or you do a full on background check a 007 style ?

HUH?

Tell me.

I have opened a license transfer case on <date>. It has been more than 4 MONTHS

You keep ignoring 90% of my emails.

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE

WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO GET MY LICENSE TRANSFERRED? This is out of control and I WILL NEVER BUY ANY OF YOUR PRODUCTS EVER AGAIN. I WILL ALSO LAUNCH AN ENQUIRY INTO HOW LEGAL IS THAT WHAT YOU ARE DOING.

PLEASE REPLY TO ME ASAP I HAVE WAITED ENOUGH AND THE LICENSE NEEDS TO BE TRANSFERRED THIS WEEK.
    IF NOT I WILL REPORT THIS INCIDENT AS FRAUD TO THE APPROPRIATE PEOPLE. I AM ALSO IN THE LAST STEPS TO FINALISE THE PAPERWORK TO SUE YOU IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT IN MY LOCAL COURT. IF THE LICENSE IS NOT TRANSFERRED UNTIL THE END OF THIS WEEK I WILL HAVE NO OTHER CHANCE BUT TO REQUEST THE COURTS TO RESOLVE THIS SITUATION. I WILL ALSO DO ALL THAT I CAN TO INFORM EVERY POSSIBLE NEWSPAPER, MAGAZINE OR OTHER TYPE OF MEDIA OUTLET OF WHAT IS GOING ON WITH YOUR COMPANY AND HOW A LOYAL CUSTOMER IS TREATED.

i seriously LOVED <company>. Unfortunately this situation just proved that this company is no better than any other douchebag firm run by brainless money hungry monkeys.

I complied with your policies. Paid the stupid money but as usual - loyal customers get hurt.

BY MY RECOMMENDATION 5 of my friends bought <product>.

but hey - i guess this is the reward you get.

Its a bit like a mafia - you have to pay to get in but you can't get out alive.

YOU CAN NOT EVEN REPLAY TO A LOUSY EMAIL
    official veridict - you guys SUCK.
    Several posts later, we finally find out what really happened...

OK now I am gonna make myself look like a GIANT douche ....

So

Remember those emails I sent to <company> during all these months ....

I now know why they didn't get there....

I checked my Google sent bin.

When <company> Responded to me they included an attachment with the FAQ as a document. I opened that document with google docs. For some stupid reason GOOGLE needs to send you an email that informs you you opened a document with google docs.

That places an email from noreply@google.com as the last email in the queue. So when you or in this case I just hit reply ....

wait for it .... waaait .... i know you all are doing faceslaps righ now...

it sent the email to noreply@google.com

wait for it again ....

and I did it 3 times..... because i just resent the same email

jesus... i feel like such an as..le right now....

IT TURNS OUT THAT MY TRANSFER WAS INITIATED ON <date> because i manually copied the text coz i was sending the message with my google phone.

So the story goes like this ...

So HERE IT GOES capitalised...

I PUBLICLY APOLOGISE TO <company president> FOR CALLING HIS COMPANY MONKEYS AND WHATEVER ELSE. I realise that some of my comments could have been hurtful and i sincerely apologise for that.

In addition to that <company president> HAS RESPONDED to my PM as well as I HAVE RECEIVED AN EMAIL FROM TECH SUPPORT SAYING THAT THE TRANSFER HAS BEEN APPROVED AND HAS GONE THROUGH.

Thank you <company president>... THANK YOU GUYS FOR YOUR OPINIONS.

But i call myself out as A DOUCHEBAG

IN THE MORNING
    ...Hey, at least he admitted it...
    "Wouldn't that be unethical?"
    "That's only an issue for those who aren't already in Hell."
    --Dilbert

Good for him! This so seldom happens.
    Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

oy. yes, very good that he apologized like that

=)

Comment

At least he apologized. He earns some redemption points for that.
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Working...
        X