This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Megatokyo Visual Novel - an otaku's dream come true

DaDairyDruid and I are fans of Megatokyo. I introduced it to him after a friend told me about it and we've been fans ever since. He has a few shirts from the site (TPCD, NPC and BakaNi ).

Now, there's going to be a visual novel game. Fred started a campaign on Kickstarter. I do believe that if within 24 hours he had more than enough funding just proves how popular the series is.
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Aaaand he's already added a second set of stretch goals, including a third game. I love his final (...for now?) stretch goal:

$500,000: Excessively Romantic Content. Anyone familiar with visual novels know that most of them contain love scenes of one kind or another for various paths. I typically shy away from showing this sort of thing, but in good humor i present the possibility as a stretch goal. I call it the 'blurred' stretch goal. Can I go there? Yes, I can. Will I? Make me
    Just as an aside for those who are interested in the project (I'm interested, just broke)...a $10 pledge will get you part 1 ONLY. a $25 pledge will get you parts 1&2 (you gotta dig down thru the notes a bit to find this). No word yet on minimum tier for part 3 (probably gonna be funded), but I'm guessing it's the next level up.
    Last edited by EricKei; 06-20-2013, 07:12 PM. Reason: quote system messing with me
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
      Aaaand he's already added a second set of stretch goals, including a third game. I love his final (...for now?) stretch goal:
      There are some indications that goal might be reachable.

Quoth EricKei View Post
      Just as an aside for those who are interested in the project (I'm interested, just broke)...a $10 pledge will get you part 1 ONLY. a $25 pledge will get you parts 1&2 (you gotta dig down thru the notes a bit to find this). No word yet on minimum tier for part 3 (probably gonna be funded), but I'm guessing it's the next level up.
      I'm pretty sure the $25 level will also get you part 3. That should be cleared up soon once the FAQ is made, which should be later tonight.

Comment

The pledging ends July 18, and we plan to pledge before then, probably after I get paid next week. I think waiting to see what will be required for all three parts is a good idea for us. I really want the game and soundtrack, and $25 is worth it for an awesome comic.

It's amusing to see how he's updated since I posted the link (including Dom and his stick figures as a goal). There's a huge gap between $150k and $500k (we want romance!!). I'd love to see Seraphim.
        Random conversation:

Comment

I backed that one last night. And the game based on the LFG comic.
          Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

The word is in, and yes, you need to spend at least $35 to get part 3 when it's released. I was wrong. My bad.

Comment

You have less than 48 hours to make/update a pledge now.

Comment

We went $50 with the shirt option because DADairyDruid wants the new baka^3 shirt.
                Random conversation:

Comment

Thanks to EricKei for reopening this thread.

I wanted to give an update to everyone interested about this game. A "pencil test", with mostly B&W art and with alternate, non-canon routes disabled, has been released for beta testers. You will need to have participated in the Kickstarter as a beta tester in order to play this. For access, please make sure you're registered on http://vn.megatokyo.com and check the beta-only forum. (If you participated but not as a beta tester, PM me and I may be able to get you access.)

We've also released another, free game, also a visual novel (though a "kinetic novel" with no choices) as an omake for Megatokyo. You can download and play this game for Windows, OS X, Linux or Android, at http://megatokyo.com/strip/1428#rant1088 . You can also play a web version of the game at the top of the page, though it's not quite as good as the downloaded version.

Edit: I should also mention that Fred is often streaming live while he draws, working on the VN, the omake game, or on other projects. Please feel free to watch at http://twitch.tv/fredrin

Cheers!
                  Last edited by TheSHAD0W; 09-28-2015, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X