This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do people THINK we sell?

The last ew days I have been asked for phone cards, pick and mix sweets and baby food.

We sell vitamins, special diet products and dried fruit and stuff.

The baby food woman was massively unpleasant, by the way.

'Where's your baby food section?'
    'I'm sorry- we don't sell baby food.'
    'YOU DON'T SELL BABY FOOD?!'
    'No, sorry.'
    'YOU'RE AN ORGANIC SHOP AND YOU DON'T. SELL. BABY FOOD!!?'

What has us being 'an organic shop' (which we aren't) got to do with it?
    We can't sell EVERYTHING on the face of the planet that could possibly be healthy or good for you, we don't have the space.

I can just imagine her getting angry with Boots the Chemist because of their small range of vitamins and minerals not being like ours.
    Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Well, there's the HIPP range of organic baby food products, and we sell quite a few of them, though it's only a small percentage of our entire turnover.

I have to agree, though - most of the shops we supply don't have space for the full range of the products we sell. You have to go with what works.

Rapscallion

Comment

It's very probable, I can well believe other places do stock it and it sells quite well. But I just DON'T understand what us being 'an organic shop' has to do with stocking baby food. Yes, we sell health foods and food supplements, this does not mean we sell baby food, I can't make the connection. The chemist over the road has a full selection of baby foods including heinz and Hipp organic, and a couple of the independant health food shops sell it, but none of those places have the concentration of herbal remedies we do. We concentrate on the supplements side of the buisness, with a laregeish but basic food section.

I think it was the way she ASSUMED we'd sell it that irked me. No 'do you sell baby food?', just a 'where is your baby food'.

If she hadn't been a bitch to me I'd have directed her to a shop that would have sold it. As it was, I didn't.
      Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

My parents and brother are all on diets. They now only shop in the organic food section at the grocery store, and, as can be expected, the only food around is....you guessed it....

I secretly think they did it not to lose weight, but to discourage me from trying to scam breakfast from them every morning after work.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
        X