Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't whistle at me like I'm an f-ing dog!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't whistle at me like I'm an f-ing dog!

Today has just been a shitty day for me. I'm not feeling well because (TMI warning) it's that time of the month and I'm very emotionally sensitive today. Sorry, this post will be heavy with foul language.

Anyway, I was at my crappy job at K-Fart running register and I had a transaction stuck on my screen that needed a void. I had sent that customer to another till because she had 10 packs of cigarettes that rang up wrong, and it would be quicker to send her to another till instead of making her wait for me to get the first transaction voided off. Boy, did my attempt at providing good, quick customer service come back to bite me in the ass!

As luck would have it, the service desk girl was busy and couldn't get the transaction voided off my register (we can't void our own transactions) and the customers started piling in to my register. One lady from the next cashier's lane who was waiting instantly zips over to my register as soon as she sees me.. before I could explain that I was waiting for a void. I tell her that I'm sorry but I need a transaction voided off my register and couldn't ring her up until it was off. I might as well have been talking to a fucking brick wall because she just gave me a blank stare. Some old asswipe behind her actually started fucking WHISTLING at me like a goddamn dog to serve them!!! He came up to me "Ring us up already!" And I told him "LOOK, I am waiting for a transaction to be voided off my register and I *CANNOT* ring you up until it is off my register!!"

I was so upset, I started shaking and I almost started crying right there.
    I do NOT like being fucking whistled at.. I AM NOT A DOG!!!! How fucking DISRESPECTFUL can someone be?!?!?!?! And what the FUCK is wrong with people that they are SO GODDAMN IMPATIENT that they absolutely CANNOT wait 2 fucking seconds to be rang up?!?!?!?!?!? And all these 200-year-old jerkoffs talk about young people being disrespectful? Bullshit! This man had to be at least 65 years old. I am only 20 years old and I would NEVER, EVER whistle at someone like that to get their attention... that is just BEYOND rude!

Last edited by RammsteinGirl; 07-18-2007, 06:37 PM.
    My Myspace, add me!

I fucking hate that. I refuse to respond. I once had a woman CLICK HER FINGERS and whistle at me to help her. I was only a little way away from her, she could have just said excuse me, so I pretended I didn't hear her till she did.

I'm used to people just barking a single word at me though, that really fucks me off.
    So, I'm not worth basic niceties then? Excuse me, please, thankyou? Was your mother so neglectful she never told you about those?
    Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

OMG, you've got my total sympathy! We have patrons here that kind of hiss at you to get your attention. It's SO degrading and I hate it. When I look up and they question why I'm not helping them, I'm like, "my name isn't *hissing sound*!" Same thing with the guys who say "Hey ... hey!" I'm like, "my name isn't hey!" F'ing RUDE!
      Last edited by NightAngel; 07-18-2007, 08:14 PM.
      I love mankind ... it's people I can't stand. -- Linus Van Pelt

Comment

Quoth GingerBiscuit View Post
        I fucking hate that. I refuse to respond. I once had a woman CLICK HER FINGERS and whistle at me to help her. I was only a little way away from her, she could have just said excuse me, so I pretended I didn't hear her till she did.

I'm used to people just barking a single word at me though, that really fucks me off.
        So, I'm not worth basic niceties then? Excuse me, please, thankyou? Was your mother so neglectful she never told you about those?
        One time, I was waiting for a transaction void (kind of like today) and the next lady in line waved her hand in front of my face and said, "Hello??!?! AM I INVISIBLE OR SOMETHING?!?" No you fucking dumb bitch, I CAN'T RING YOU UP RIGHT NOW!

And yeah, I feel your pain. Most people don't bother to say please, thank you or excuse me. And it really irks me. I always greet people, I thank them when I take their money and I thank them as I hand them their receipt and they turn to leave. One time, I had a woman say to me, "Oh my god! You're SO polite!" Maybe there is hope for humanity yet..
        My Myspace, add me!

Comment

I hate that too. We must greet every customer who walks in the door; and I have no problem doing so. I will say, hello, how are you today/tonight/ whatever time of day it is. But half of them just ignore me...um excuse me? Would it kill you to be polite and respond?

I get that sometimes when I'm at the register - impatient people who can't wait 5 seconds, or impatient customers on the floor. OUr registers are right outside of the fitting rooms, so I can't tell you how many times I've had someone come out and ask me questions while i'm ringing up another customer! Can you not see I'm busy?

That would piss me off if what happened to you happened to me. If I'm in a store, and see an open register, esp if its busy, i may go up and politely ask if they are open, but i won't just assume they are and demand service! more often than not, they are waiting for something to happen before they can ring up again!

Comment

Yeah, I tend to ignore people who whistle at me. very obviously ignore them.

The only one who gets to whistle for my attention is my father, and that's because we live on an 30+ acre farm. Whistling is far more effective over a large area, and especially over the noise of muffeler-less tractors.
            Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

we got new card machines today and they're 'bedding in'- we're having problems, in other words, and transactions are being delayed, and we've had a lot of rude people snapping at us to serve them while we're waiting for the card machine to do whatever it's trying to do...

Oh, and a grunt is not an acceptable response to a question!
              Niether is short, snappy answers with no pleasantries.
              Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

Well, that is what "pointedly ignoring them" is for.

Comment

Next time somebody whistles at you, put on the most confused look you can muster and ask "Did somebody lose their dog in here or something? I thought I heard somebody whistling."
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I am feisty. Any asshat that whistles at me, it will be the last time he is able to whistle. My mother and father did not name me Rover or Spot, thank you very much.

Comment

A friend of mine had a whistler once. This guy whistled at S for about a minute, trying to get S's attention. S looked up from sorting movies, put his hand up to cover an ear and said "You know, if you cover one of your ears, you'll probably stop that whistling noise."

It took everything I had to keep from bursting into laughter, at least until he got out of the door.

Comment

I haven't had that happen to me personally, but I was in a Wawa a few weeks ago and witnessed someone do that to the poor person re-filling the coffee makers...

I was irked...and it wasn't even directed at me. (I'm not too confrontational, so I didn't say anything to the guy, but I did give him the death glare for his rudeness)
                        I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

When I worked at crappy tire we had a whistler. Came in and started whistling for help. Did it to a few staff members (who ignored him of course. ) I waited till he turned around before tapping him on the shoulder and saying "When you find your dog you will have to take it outside. We don't allow dogs in the store."

He turned this lovely shade of purple before yelling about rude people and stormed out the store.

Comment

Even worse is the "Silent Treatment."

I could be doing paperwork at cahwrap, and someone strides to the side where there is no register and stand their for a few minutes. And the way the cashwrap at my location is located, theirs magazine racks, those turntable displays, and other assorted crap. And then they snap "Can you help me?"

Comment

God, that reminds me.
                              I was stacing some stuff on a trolley, and because of where I was I was blocking a little bit of one of the displays. This isn't normally a problem for most people, they say 'excuse me' and I move out of their way. Not this woman, Oh no. She just stood there, STARING at me. And as I was focussed on stacking, so I didn't notice her for a few minutes. She said NOTHING to me to inidicate she wanted me to move, but when I noticed her I m9oved, so she said, very nastily 'Thankyou' with a sickly smile.
                              For gods sake, if you want me to move ASK you passive agressive cow.

Comment

Working...
                              X