This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the Hell? Jackass in a Suit.

I was on break this afternoon and decided to go upstairs and chat to my so-workers, Claire and Dan. When I go up, I see that they are talking to what looks like a jackass SC in a suit. I was correct.

I walked in mid-conversation, but soon found out what was going on. Basically, this man (about 45) said that his son bought 2 ink cartdridges for a printer and didn't get the reciept. He says that he needs a reciept so his son can claim the money back from his job.

This would be possible if the man knew the date it was purchased. The man does not know. He can't even give us an estimated date. Hmm.....

Dan tells him that it would be near impossible to find his transaction on the computer unless he had a date. Dan says that he will have to go through thousands opf transactions. Jackass says "ok". Ha! Dan explains that he can't do that.

The man starts to get irate and demands to speak to a manager. However, the manager is on vacation this week. He then asks to speak to the next person down. Assistant Manager is off because of a death in the family. He then gets really pissed off and says he wants to speak to the person in charge today. We all inform him that there is no one in charge. He then looks like martians have just skated across the floor in front of him and says something along the lines of "you mean to tell me there is no one in charge? COME ON!" We say that, yes, it is correct that there is no one in charge. He can't believe it, and we explain that it is something that annoys us, but that is how the comapny chooses to run their stores. Nothing we can do about it.

He then asks if Dan can handwrite him a reciept. Dan asks him if he knows which number cartdridges were purchased, as they are all different prices. He doesn't know. He also doesn't know that exact amount that his son paid. Dan looks at me for an answer. I kinda shake my head and Dan tells Jackass that without proof, knowing how much it cost, and knowing which cartdridges were purchased, we can't just hand someone a reciept. And besides, what could we write on it? "Purchased goods from this shop" with no money amount or anything? I think the guy said it was somewhere near £50.

Anyway, we tell him no and he gets pissy again. He doesn't understand why we didn't give his son a reciept in the first place. We explain that everyone who works here always gives reciepts out, but if maybe it happened once, we were sorry, but there was nothing we could do but give him customer service's number.

Then Dan has an idea. He asks if the son paid by card, cause if he did it could be looked up by the card number or he could bring in his bank statement. The Jackass then says "Why on Earth would my son have a card, he is only 14". This was said in the "how could you ask such a stupid question, you should know my son's age.....can't you read my mind" tone. Nice.

Now I am thinking...why would his 14 year old son who CAN'T WORK because he is too young buy ink cartridges for work and need to claim the money back? Something stinks in WHShit, and it's not the shit....well maybe a little. Actually, it was the stinkbombs that some stupid kids set off in the shop. That's off topic, though....

So, Dan tells him that he can have customer service's number. Jackass acts appauled and say's "No, I'm not doing that"! Dan then says "I will have to speak to my supervisor tomorrow morning". Jackass exclaims loudly "TOMORROW MORNING"!?! Dan say's there is nothing he can do.

I go on break and come back (I love dealing with assholes like this that I can say "no" to...makes me feel good for once). The guy complains to me that Dan is taking too long. I say I will find him. He is downstairs on the phone with Customer Services. They tell him to go ahead and write the reciept, but again, he doesn't know what the products were or how much they cost. So, he tells me what they said, and I was like "NO WAY"! Dan then suggests that I call another store and ask their manager, like Jackass suggested earlier(forgot to mention that). I do this and the manager says not to do it and give him Customer Services number.

When I go upstairs, Jackass is gone, but claimed he would be back. I'm not too sure about that.

Sadly, I am not in for 4 days so I have to get the gossip when I get back. I hope this man doesn't get £50 for nothing. Knowing my company, they will give him the money and a gift card for "his trouble".
    "If it offends one person, it effects everyone".....me, on the PC world in which we dwell.

Quoth WHShit View Post
    The Jackass then says "Why on Earth would my son have a card, he is only 14". This was said in the "how could you ask such a stupid question, you should know my son's age.....can't you read my mind" tone.
    Nothing on the face of this earth pisses me off more than the irrational assclown who gets extra pissed off with you for not exercising your psychic ability. Sorry, human, not mutant, reality, not science fiction, not gonna happen jerky. Seriously, how do these dumbasses expect us to just know this kind of thing

Quoth WHShit View Post
    Dan then says "I will have to speak to my supervisor tomorrow morning". Jackass exclaims loudly "TOMORROW MORNING"!?!
    I just had this exact situation last week. Some dumbass bitch skipped the work she was supposed to do over two weeks ago and expected me to drop everything, stop the world, and accomodate her. She threw a fit when told that it would have to wait to tomorrow morning.

They can do whatever they want, be two week, two months, two years late, but when it's something they want, heaven and earth must be moved, immediately immediate is not fast enough.

What a moron, I hope he's told to shove the cartridges up his arse.
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

I hope the guy doesn't get a refund or gift card for his "troubles". Of course, if your store is like mine, he might. I have a manager who will roll over and let customers do ANYTHING.

Comment

That guy sounds like a liar, how can a 14 year old work?

And I don't know about you but if I am buying things that work will reimburse me for I make sure I get a reciept BEFORE I leave the store!
        No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

I hate that. Can't provide even one important detail but expects magic.....

JA:Give me what I want! NOW!
          You:What is it you want?
          JA: I have no idea! What's taking so long?!?
          I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

In the US you can work at 14 with a work permit that your parents and place of employment have to sign.

Comment

Also, it might have been that the dad made the kid get the item, but the reimbursement is going to the dad, who provided the stuff to the company he works for.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

It angers me that customer service would for one second consider giving that scammer any sort of reimbursement. It is unfair to the rest of civilized society that does not try to scam money from business establishments.

Comment

Quoth WHShit View Post
                  He then asks if Dan can handwrite him a reciept. Dan asks him if he knows which number cartdridges were purchased, as they are all different prices. He doesn't know. He also doesn't know that exact amount that his son paid. Dan looks at me for an answer. I kinda shake my head and Dan tells Jackass that without proof, knowing how much it cost, and knowing which cartdridges were purchased, we can't just hand someone a reciept. And besides, what could we write on it? "Purchased goods from this shop" with no money amount or anything?
                  We hand-write receipts every once and a while when the printer ain't working, we even got stationary pads printed up for the purpose. Of course, all I get from the customers is, "Can I have a real receipt, please?"
                  You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

Assuming, for a moment, that the guy is telling the truth...I guarantee you the kid lost the receipt and just doesn't want to get yelled at, so he told dad the store didn't give him one.

I don't know how many times I've had people drop the receipt on their way out, put it down on the counter while they put their change away and then walk away without it, whatever, etc. etc.
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth evilhomer View Post
                      Nothing on the face of this earth pisses me off more than the irrational assclown who gets extra pissed off with you for not exercising your psychic ability. Sorry, human, not mutant, reality, not science fiction, not gonna happen jerky. Seriously, how do these dumbasses expect us to just know this kind of thing
                      Besides, there must be a mind present in order for it to be read.

Speaking of handwritten receipts, there was an incident at the c-store when I had to imprint a customer's Fleet fuel card and call the authorization hotline. All I know in such situations is that there is a network issue, and the message screen instructs me to call the authorization hotline. I always dread that process because it takes forever, and always seems to happen when I'm running the shift alone. This time, I was able to obtain an authorization code to finish the transaction within a minute or two. So, I imprinted the card, filled out the pertinent information which was on the "cashed" register receipt, and stapled a copy of the register receipt to the imprinted receipt. Of course, the driver insisted on interrogating me about why I had to imprint the card. I had to repeat several times that it was some kind of computer problem with the network, and that I did not know specific details because they were not relevant to my job functions. It took longer to convince the driver that the imprinted receipt with handwritten details plus a copy of the printed register receipt stapled to it would serve as a sufficient receipt for documentation to get reimbursement. Finally, I just gave him the store number and main office number, and told him that he could feel free to express his concerns there because they make the final decisions. I mean, he just kept harping and harping, and I was getting irritated because he was causing a line to build behind him. I just don't understand why some people can't let it be as simple as it could be.
                      The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Quoth WHShit View Post
                        Dan tells him that it would be near impossible to find his transaction on the computer unless he had a date. Dan says that he will have to go through thousands of transactions. Jackass says "ok".
                        This is when I walk away from you, as you are obviously a failure as a human being.

In this grad course I was taking we discussed the relationship between empathy and personhood. Is a murdering sociopath a human being when he cannot fundamentally understand that others are in some important way like himself? That what he does to another makes them feel things (like pain), and that those feelings are important? Some people think about this and end up judging that said sociopath is not, in fact, human; that empathy is NECESSARY (and possibly sufficient) for personhood. In a similar vein, I look at SCs like the one in the OP (where empathy = zero) and have a difficult time putting them in the same category as the rest of us.

Quoth Jadedcarguy
                        JA:Give me what I want! NOW!
                        You:What is it you want?
                        JA: I have no idea! What's taking so long?!?
                        This is so true it makes me laugh and weep at the same time. (Leep? Waugh?)
                        But I don't need a vagina. I have a pony.
                        -Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
                        X