This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The door with no lock is locked!!...

Had a real genius come up to me just now.

He said that he went up the stairs to the third floor of the hotel, opened the door to the hallway, walked a few feet towards his room, just remembered he left something in the car, turned around to go back down the stairs, and the door was locked.

This is amazing to me since the door has no lock on it, and that he JUST opened it. So after telling him that the door has no lock on it, he argues "This one did, and it somehow locked behind me, so go unlock it as its a fire hazard!".

I asked him if the door knob turned, he said it did not. Thats when I explained to him that what he was trying to open was the STORAGE ROOM DOOR. The stairway door has a big handle on it, and a sign that says "STAIRS" with a symbol of a person walking down the stairs.

His parting words, "The person that put those doors that close is dumb!" and walked off.

Quoth slick View Post

"The person that put those doors that close is dumb!"
    Someone in this story is dumb, but I don't think it was the poor chap who put up those doors.
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Another glaring example of people not reading/paying attention to signs.

Retail Haiku:
      Depression sets in.
      The hellhole is calling me ~
      I don't want to go.

Comment

While I agree Architects can be dumb at times, I don't think that's the problem here.

Plus how did he get back down?

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post
          Plus how did he get back down?
          Ooo! Ooo! Ooo! Ooo?
          He threw himself out the window overlooking the balcony pool? He only barely survived for a day on a diet of pool water and Oreos?
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth slick View Post
            "The person that put those doors that close is dumb!"

You'd think so, wouldn't you? However, I would think that he's smart enough to provide entertainment to employees.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
            X