This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I REALLY think this chick was on drugs

A girl came up to my register today directly behind another customer (We have a sign about 10ft away that says "Please wait here for the next representative", which customers often don't bother to read. Not a big sin, but annoying at times). She was RAIL THIN (again, not a sin or crime...but troubled me as the transaction wore on) with her veins poppin' out on her arms! I asked her if she wanted a replacement plan on her purchase (she got a calcuator). I explained the benefits to her.

Her: *blank stare*
    Me: ...So would you like one?
    Her: *blank stare* One what?
    Me: ...The replacement plan.
    Her: OH! THAT! Oh no. Why would I get a replacement plan?! It's a gift. (on a side note, what a CRAPPY gift)
    Me: Well sometimes people like to have insurance to be sure that their gifts are protected.

*NOTE* All this is said while she's swaying back and forth, is unable to focus with her eyes, and is randomly giggling.

Her: Well yeah, but you gonna step your game up!
    Me: ...?
    Her: Yeah, you gotta, like...step your game up. Cos, like, if the insurance fails you gotta get insurance.
    Me: ...?!
    Her: You gotta get insurance--FOR THE INSURANCE!
    Me: ....Ok....

I wanted to get away from this chick so bad, that I shorted her $2 on her change ($7.91 was her change....I gave her $5.91 because I closed the drawer too soon)
    Me: Lemme call my manager and get you the rest of your change.
    Her: ...
    Me: ...Ok then! I'm just gonna servce some more customers until she gets here

(5 minutes later, manager arrives, I give the chick her $2)
    Her: ....You owe me $2.
    Me:

Sounds like when my one friend tried pot for the first time, right before we went bowling. Thankfully, he didn't drive...

First thing we did was hit the snack bar. He ordered a soda, and then walked away without it not even a minute later. I rolled my eyes, grabbed my food and his soda, and handed his soda to him. He just stared at me in confusion, and asked me, "What's this for?" And then, "Ohhhhh!" as it dawned on him.

Normally, he usually beat me two out of three games, but I kicked his ass badly that night.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I hate people who do drugs. I'm normally a very open minded person, but when it comes to drugs - forget it.

If I know someone is using, I refuse to speak to them or deal with them. I won't even look at them at all. They are the lowest of the low, right down there with pedophiles, wife beaters and rapists.
      Total surrender
      Your touch is so tender
      Your skin is like water on a burning beach
      And it brings me relief
      "Nails in My Feet" - Crowded House

Comment

By the look of things she was high at the time. I WAS friends with a girl who did drugs, nice person and all but when she was high and you ran into her outside she would be annoying to beyond all reason.
        My philosophy is: I don't have a problem with drugs but I have a problem with people treating them as a license to be idiots.
        The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth Killer Bees View Post
          I hate people who do drugs. I'm normally a very open minded person, but when it comes to drugs - forget it.
          Drugs? Which drugs? Pot? Alcohol? Chocolate? Vicodin? Pseudoephedrine? Caffiene? Tobacco? Meth? X? Heroin?

I doubt it's people who do drugs you hate. It's people who abuse drugs and then inflict themselves on the world at large that you hate.

I'm exceedingly libertarian. What you do to yourself is none of my (or anyone else's) business up until the point you start having an effect on others.

^-.-^
          Last edited by Ree; 07-27-2007, 01:29 AM. Reason: Excessive quoting
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Same here. I actually find that post very offensive, seeing as I've done cannabis before; and so have a few of my mates. However, I've never driven drugged up, or ever done anything to affect anyone else's life. I suggest you rethink your stance; to me, it's rigid moralists who are the lowest of the low. Live and let live, is my line.
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Ladies and Gents:

Everyone has a right to their own opinion, and everyone has a right to be offended at others opinions. Before we need to get a warning from the mods, let's keep it civil. Different people have different opinions on what is morally wrong, and we need to accept that.
              Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
              Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
              The Office

Comment

I would have LOVED to see her face when you went into your magazine schpiel.
                Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

Comment

If I know someone is using, I refuse to speak to them or deal with them. I won't even look at them at all. They are the lowest of the low, right down there with pedophiles, wife beaters and rapists.
                  That's quite extreme.
                  Last edited by Ree; 07-27-2007, 01:30 AM. Reason: Excessive quoting
                  "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Quoth Gawdzillers View Post
                    That's quite extreme.
                    Yeah. You better watch out for those coffee drinkers. You never know what they might do if they don't get their morning "fix."

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

They are the lowest of the low, right down there with pedophiles, wife beaters and rapists.
                      This is one of those times I'm guessing we'll have to agree to disagree.

To me, drugs are one of the least-evil offenses, because most use does not affect anyone but the user. When the use affects other people (i.e. getting in trouble because your roommate left his/her stash in your car, hurting someone in a drug-induced rage) then I think it's a bad bad thing. But up to that point, as a caffeine and nicotine addict, and someone who has smoked the ganja a few times, I don't see it as a horrible thing.

If you want to ruin your life and get hooked on crack, go for it, just don't start robbing people or hurting others as part of the habit.
                      "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth Shabo View Post
                        Ladies and Gents:

Everyone has a right to their own opinion, and everyone has a right to be offended at others opinions. Before we need to get a warning from the mods, let's keep it civil. Different people have different opinions on what is morally wrong, and we need to accept that.
                        Not only that, this is a subject better suited to Fratching.
                        Sometimes life is altered.
                        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                        Uneasy with confrontation.
                        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Hey, some people have to take barbiturates and SSRIs by prescription, and sometimes we all take a little DXM (Nyquil ftw). And then there are the crazy nights in new york city remembered only by digital camera -- but doing stupid things like driving and hurting others, well that's just not allowed by my little circle's standards. Hate the player not the game.

Now, back to topic:

I had a guy who kept demanding a USB to PS2 adapter and was just high as hell. He was rambling on about how the kit needs the kit and the adapter needs the kit and he can't have a kit and he already bought one but he needs this adapter.

He was holding the adapter, and kept asking if we sell it. I said no. He kept saying uh so where are they and drooling.

Comment

So, the person that smokes a joint and never hurts another soul is equal to some guy that rapes a five year old? Wow, I have a word for people like you.... But other people will whine so I won't say it.

Comment

I smoke pot and I've never stolen anything or caused a car accident or done anything to others while doing so.

Well I've never done that while sober or clean either....

But that's not the point.

The only people I have a problem with are the meth and crack addicts. Marijuana slows the brain and makes people drowsy, sleepy, and really slow. People who are high rarely if ever break out in pyschotic behavior. Meth and crack, however, make people flat out crazy. I dealt with many a customer at the gas station who was a meth user. They are real gems, I tell ya........
                              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                              X