Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just in time for the season - Anonymous donors pay off Kmart layaway accounts

Some faith in humanity restored.
    http://www.thestar.com/news/world/ar...across-the-u-s

That is freaking awesome. I love it when people are actually true to the holiday!

Comment

Just spotted that on a different site, and is that amazing or what ... especially the woman in Indianapolis who paid off fifty layaway orders and then handed out money as well.

But jeez, too many people like that and what would happen to this site!!

On a side note, sadly, I don't think we even have K-Marts in Canada anymore.

Comment

Heard it on the news, but only a small part of it.

You made me teary-eyed.

Comment

I think I might have to look into this at my local Kmart; maybe there's someone I can help too!

Such an awesome news article!
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

This really is a great story. I posted a link on my Facebook too.

It's been pretty popular on CS too, though, so this is just a note to let you know that I edited your title to add more description.

We had a couple of duplicate threads because there wasn't enough info in your original post to help in a search and prevent the duplicate posts.

Quoth Ree View Post
            "How this forum works"
            Just a few things to note before posting in this forum:
            • As a courtesy, when you post a link, to help prevent duplicates and aid in a keyword search, please give a few details in your post that describes or recaps what is contained in the link. Sometimes, even with a search, the lack of details in the original post causes a search to turn up empty.
            Last edited by Ree; 12-17-2011, 02:39 PM.
            Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I actually had a quick look in the check it out forum before posting but didn't see it. I was leaving for work, so I did miss it. I apologize.

I did find it strange that (wrongly thought) no one had posted it before me.

Comment

Not a problem.
                You were the first to post the story.

(Just wanted you to know why your title changed slightly. )

It really is an amazing story.

As I said on my Facebook, I wish I had an anonymous donor.

Comment

Sorry about the confusion, little tired when I originally posted it but wanted to share it with y'all. I though it was awesome when I read it on my morning news email. Something we all need to see when the consumerism of the season gets to be too much.

Comment

I decided to get in the spirit today and when at the coffee place, I turned around to the two women behind them and told them I was buying whatever they were getting. Felt good to see them so pleasantly surprised. Then the damn cashier ripped me off and gave me change for a $50 instead of a $100.
                    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

LOL Greenday.

It would be nice if it caught on all over the world, and not just at Christmas.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                        LOL Greenday.

It would be nice if it caught on all over the world, and not just at Christmas.
                        It's really interesting to see how shocked people are that someone else would do something nice "just because".

Edit: Went back to the coffee place this morning and when I walked in, they apologized for giving me the wrong change yesterday and gave it back to me today.
                        Last edited by Greenday; 12-19-2011, 06:15 AM.
                        "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Working...
                        X