Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cert question for you techies out there...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cert question for you techies out there...

Ok, I'm thinking of taking some time off work in the next couple of weeks.

During my time off, I was thinking about taking a virtual course to try to earn a certification.

The problem is, I'm not sure which one. I can see all three being useful, and some are obviously going to be more expensive than others. The first ones listed are "cloud" certifications. The other two are Scaled Agile certifications. Obviously, they're going to cost different amounts of money, and have different training schedules.

The certifications I'm thinking of are, in no particular order,

Azure Fundamentals

AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner

The two above are "fundamentals" level courses, so they would be a springboard of sorts to higher level cloud certifications, should I choose to pursue them.

Implementing SAFe

Implementing SAFe would actually give me a certification that would actually put me in a position to teach others, if I'm not mistaken.

SAFe for Government

SAFe for Architects

This one would be good considering I wouldn't necessarily mind going down a Software Architect path (as long as I can keep writing software).

Agile Software Engineering

I believe Agile Software Engineering would allow me to hone that skillset.

A couple of these I could probably do through my Udemy or PluralSight accounts.

But I'm curious to get everyone's thoughts on these. I want to possibly optimize this opportunity. Any of these, really, would likely bring additional value to the marketplace.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.
Working...
X