No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goofballed the phrase "... seagull eating offal ..." and the only hit was a post *I* made here ten years ago...
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Today I got to witness a man eating half his buttered teacake outside. He never got to have the other half. A passing seagull decided it looked tempting and flew in, removed it from the table and took off to munch it in the middle of the square, at which three or four of his mates arrived to join the feast.

In other thoughts, if Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans were genuinely every flavour, the chances of getting the same flavour more than once would be infinitesimally small...
      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Quoth mjr View Post
        I've never understood why someone would take a rare object, worth $50,000, take it to a pawn shop, and sell it for a third of their asking price. I also wonder if the "appraisers" give accurate valuations to the objects.
        My late mother had often joked that we could've gone through the 'junk room' and pass off some of the stuff in there for 'extremely valuable' items. Now granted I do have some Star Wars stuff in some boxes in there, don't think they're worth more than what we bought them for, but neither her nor I have ever thought we'd make any type of money off of the actual junk in there.

Which reminds me, it's time for my "yearly" purge of things in there. Anyone want some 'lightly used' Christmas crap?
        Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

• Y'all I am consumed with anxiety now. Well, more than usual. Thanks, #TheMandalorian ��
          https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• A Taco Bell run this morning (really wanted a breakfast crunchwrap) had me wondering just how frequently people go through fast-food drive-through in sleepwear. I didn't, but I was tempted to not bother with jeans and sweatshirt, just a modest nightgown.
            "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

• *cough* thatsrightdontbotherwiththejeansandsweatshirt
              The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Quoth Seanette View Post
                A Taco Bell run this morning (really wanted a breakfast crunchwrap) had me wondering just how frequently people go through fast-food drive-through in sleepwear. I didn't, but I was tempted to not bother with jeans and sweatshirt, just a modest nightgown.
                I worked in food service years ago. I've seen people come through a drive-thru shirtless. Men, not women.

Saw a large fellow come through once where his stomach was touching the steering wheel of his car.
                Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• What is 'This' and why does it make Sweet Dreams?
                  Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

• Quoth drunkenwildmage View Post
                    What is 'This' and why does it make Sweet Dreams?
                    "This" is the "Ooo-Lah-Lah".
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• We were watching a Star Wars marathon the other day, and I started thinking about some other weird stuff. And I understand the answer is "because the script calls for it".

In "Empire", when Vader is battling Luke in Cloud City (before the "father" reveal), Vader is using The Force to hurl objects at Luke. Why couldn't he just hurl Luke out the window, and end the "threat" right there?
                      Last edited by mjr; 12-08-2020, 07:22 PM.
                      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• Quoth mjr View Post
                        In "Empire", when Vader is battling Luke in Cloud City (before the "father" reveal), Vader is using The Force to hurl objects at Luke. Why couldn't he just hurl Luke out the window, and end the "threat" right there?
                        That reminded me of the old Superman TV show. Superman would stand there while the bullets bounced off, but ducked aside when the gun was thrown at him.
                        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Quoth mjr View Post
                          We were watching a Star Wars marathon the other day, and I started thinking about some other weird stuff. And I understand the answer is "because the script calls for it".

Because Vader wasn't trying to kill him. His goal was to impress upon him the futility of fighting him, to scare him and make him angry, so that he could turn him to the Dark Side, then bring him back before the Emperor as a new apprentice.
                          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                            That reminded me of the old Superman TV show. Superman would stand there while the bullets bounced off, but ducked aside when the gun was thrown at him.
                            Because the gun wasn't a special effect, and could have clonked the actor!

Comment

• Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
                              Because the gun wasn't a special effect, and could have clonked the actor!
                              You mean those weren't real bullets?!?

I'm glad you never told 10-year old me that.

Next you'll be telling some story about the jolly fat guy.
                              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• If someone got hold of an extra PS5 and offered it online for £50- first person to send in and tell me why they deserve it gets it- the chances are they wouldn't get any replies as everybody would automatically assume its a scam...

Comment

Working...
                                X