This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Yer a wizard, Ki'ee."
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
      How the hell did your address get longer?
      A pretty girl kept typing it?

OK-blame two things.
      1.Confusing names
      L area is spread over a square a couple of miles.We are in one corner. L House is halfway down the hill. L Bungalow and L Farm are on the other side of the square. L Bungalow is down a set of country lanes. L Cottages are on the other side of the valley. To avoid bods wandering aimlessly, addresses now have the nearest hamlet in them so we are now L area(P section).

2.Cornish nationalists
      Just like the Canadians,our street names,signs,addresses are all bilingual.

So we have:
      Our House Name, Our Road(English/Cornish), L area(P section),
      Our Village,Our Town,Cornwall/Kernow,England,GB,UK. Postcode

Buy me a house on 1234 Bloggs St,Anytown,USA and I'll happily move there...
      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
        Buy me a house on 1234 Bloggs St,Anytown,USA and I'll happily move there...
        All I could find was Bloggs Way, Cranleigh UK.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Makes perfect sense to me.
          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
          Save the Ales!
          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
            Cupboard under the stairs.
            "There's no such thing as magic!"
            Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
              "There's no such thing as magic!"
              Do You Believe in Magic

That Old Black Magic

This Magic Moment

Strange Magic
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Magic (Ghostbusters) -- The bit used in the film starts at about 2m20s.
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

19 18 days left...

So far we've got 12 13.
                  1. BookstoreEscapee
                  2. Ironclad Alibi
                  3. Android Kaeli
                  4. EricKei
                  5. Ghel
                  6. csquared
                  7. taxguykarl
                  8. Pixelated
                  9. KuariKaydrith
                  10. Irving Patrick Freleigh
                  11. Kit-Ginevra
                  12. Dreamstalker
                  13. Aethian
                  Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 11-05-2020, 03:53 PM.
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Please sign me up. Will send my address info.
                    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Sweet 16!
                      1. BookstoreEscapee
                      2. Ironclad Alibi
                      3. Android Kaeli
                      4. EricKei
                      5. Ghel
                      6. csquared
                      7. taxguykarl
                      8. Pixelated
                      9. KuariKaydrith
                      10. Irving Patrick Freleigh
                      11. Kit-Ginevra
                      12. Dreamstalker
                      13. Aethian
                      14. Primer
                      15. smileyeagle1021
                      16. Ree

Comment

Glitterus Explodare
                        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

All right, I'm in. But remind me to open all cards outside just to avoid the glitter weapon.
                          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I'm in! We are planning to start setting up this weekend.

Comment

Just a reminder for XMAS event veterans, and a heads-up for our new ones:

The address lists are formatted to fit on Avery 8160/5160 label templates. 30 per letter-size sheet, 3 across, 1" 2 5/8" (2.54cm x 6.67 cm) each. Other brands are, of course, fine, as long as they are compatible with the 5160 template; it will say so on the package.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
                                All right, I'm in. But remind me to open all cards outside just to avoid the glitter weapon.
                                How 'bout I remind you to send me your information..?

This is the list so far. If you're not on it but should be, send me a PM.
                                BookstoreEscapee
                                Ironclad Alibi
                                Android Kaeli
                                EricKei
                                Ghel
                                csquared
                                taxguykarl
                                Pixelated
                                KuariKaydrith
                                Irving Patrick Freleigh
                                Kit-Ginevra
                                Dreamstalker
                                Aethian
                                Primer
                                smileyeagle1021
                                Ree

Comment

Working...
                                X