This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business idea

I have a great idea for a side business, one for which there is a definite need. I'm going to stay vague about the exact idea, but I will say that it involves having a website that provides a valuable service. I plan to monetize it by selling advertising (and hiring someone to do that for me, since I hate sales).

So. Who out there is involved in something similar? I'm looking for advice on how to set it up, how to get it seen, SEO, etc. I think it could turn into something very profitable. Not like Amazon, but very good.

I want to put together a business plan for the whole thing. Can anyone help me on the various aspects of this idea?

What country are you in? If you're in the U.S., what state are you in?

As far as business structure, if you're in the U.S., look into possibly setting up an LLC, I would guess.

SEO as as much of an art as it is a science. You could probably "guerrilla market" (post about it on social media, etc).

I've got an idea, too, but I think mine is more about actually selling the website once it's done, maybe. But in my case, I can develop my own website.

But one thing I would suggest is to find the book "You, Inc." That might help with marketing. It's not really a "marketing" book, but it can give you a diffrent perspective on what you may be selling. For instance, when a person buys a shoe shine, they're not just buying the shoe shine. They're buying the things that go along with it: image, confidence, etc.
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

I'm in Europe, though I'm from the States.

A little more info: this website will act as a method for people to find businesses in a certain area. I plan to sell advertising to businesses offering these services, and to have a search engine on my website so people can find what they're looking for and who offers it.

I hope this helps.

Comment

An EU page about starting a new business. Your country is there too. Wishing you luck.

Comment

Quoth Eireann View Post
          I'm in Europe, though I'm from the States.

A little more info: this website will act as a method for people to find businesses in a certain area. I plan to sell advertising to businesses offering these services, and to have a search engine on my website so people can find what they're looking for and who offers it.

I hope this helps.
          Ping me. I thought about something like this once. I've got some other thoughts I'd be happy to share with you. Feel free to use them if you think they're good.
          Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Working...
          X