This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Our Fault Because We Are Not Mind Readers

Mrs X is invited to a wedding and calls our hotel to book a room. During the booking process Mrs X learns that check in time is the same time as the wedding. Does Mrs X inform hotel and arrange for an early check in, nope. She saunters in with her family three hours prior to check in and gets pissy upon learning a room is not done.

Mrs X chooses now to mention the wedding so the manager tells not one but two housekeepers to start on that room. This means the room will get done quicker. That's not good enough for Mrs X who stands outside the room while the maids are cleaning and loudly bitches to her daughter on how inconvenient this all is.

When told to be patient and to not stand in the way of the maids who are trying to get her room done she then stomps off like she was insulted.

How hard was it to inform the hotel ahead of time that she was intending to come early it would've saved a lot of hassle.
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Wow, she should be grateful that the manager plus the two maids are all willing to jump right to it and get this room cleaned in time for her Wedding . . . Plus, instead of rushing the maids, wouldn't it be wiser to let them make sure the room was *clean*, you wouldn't want any special surprises left behind . . . wait - that would be the logical thing to do . . .
    This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

At the motel my sister used to work at, the maids worked 8AM to 4PM with one person working 4PM to 10PM. Mrs. X should consider herself lucky with what she got. When you keep a tight itinerary like that, you are begging for something not to go your way.
      This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

It never ceased to amaze me how many people did not understand how hotels worked.
        I had one guy argue with me that if check out was noon, he should have been able to get into his room at that time. When I pointed out the fact that the laws of time and space didn't allow for housekeeping to have the room finished at the same time the customer checked out, he quieted down a bit but he wasn't any better. I then proceeded to piss him off with my "what if" scenarios. What if everyone in the hotel checked out at noon, housekeeping would have a hard time getting everyone's room ready for check-in time, etc, etc.

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
        ~Clerks

Comment

We had one "Diamond" member throw a hissy after she arrived at 9 in the morning to check in and we didn't have a room ready. Hell, half the hotel hadn't even checked out. When we told her that we were sold out the night before and most of the rooms were still occupied, she replied "That is not my problem, it is yours, my reservation clearly says 'early check-in.'"

Yeah it did, but be reasonable. We consider an early check in to be like noon or 1, not when the housekeepers are clocking in!

She sat in the lobby among the customers eating breakfast and bitched to the VIP hotline about our shoddy service and our unwillingness to help her. And even though we had a room cleaned for her in fifteen minutes the VIP people wanted us to compensate her in some way. So, through a combination of ego, entitlement, and stupidity, this lady got her room for free.

Comment

Quoth Getoutofmylobby View Post
            So, through a combination of ego, entitlement, and stupidity, this lady got her room for free.
            Oh that burns me up. Why oh WHY do we live in a world where people get what they want by bitching and moaning and throwing a hissy-fit like a 2 year old??
            Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

And even though we had a room cleaned for her in fifteen minutes the VIP people wanted us to compensate her in some way. So, through a combination of ego, entitlement, and stupidity, this lady got her room for free.
              How does compensating her in "some way" turn into a free room? No discount?
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                How does compensating her in "some way" turn into a free room? No discount?
                I think the manager overdid it too. But i have noticed his response to complaints is relative to the amount of bitching.. and this lady really poured on the theatrics so its no surprise she got a freebie.

This is also one of the reasons why i hate the morning shift.

Comment

WTF?!? I would have tossed a free muffin from the continental breakfast table at her and told her to STFU. What a whore!

Still, good to know that if I ever want to get away with my husband, I can always get a free night by showing up early in the morning and acting like a cunt to the front desk staff. I'll be sure to keep that in mind next time I go on holiday...
                  "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

Situations like this remind me of how nice it can be at times to work for a hotel chain whose customer service motto is, essentially, "You can make us respond to your complaint, but you can't make us care."
                    Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Had a caller who told me the exact same thing the other day.
                      We were zipping along through the usual stuff, and, all of a sudden, my caller says, "But the guy doesn't want his wife on the loan, after we'd put her on there, like we're mind readers...?"
                      I just kinda of sat there, quietly, waiting for my system to catch up, trying my hardest not to reply, as I'd been told in a review recently that I needed to be more professional on the phones.
                      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

This is also one of the reasons why i hate the morning shift.
                        JUST the morning shift?
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                        X