This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Anastriel View Post
    Oh I hate that. The way I always deal with it is to repeat my greeting a little louder and clearer. Most will respond the second time and if not I repeat again.
    I've learned this from one of my co-workers - if they don't reply to the "How can I help you today" questions, she'll just answer for them . . . "I'm just looking, thanks for asking" and walk away.
    This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

I hate it when i get ignored in person. I mostly hate stuff like this:

Me: Hi, Welcome to _____ can i have your last name please?
      SC: Confirmation number 1-4-5-5-9-0-0-1...

Or:

Me: So what kind of room are you looking for tonight?
      SC: I plan to check out on Thursday.

And i hate the silence too:

Me: Sir, what credit card will you be paying with today?
      SC: ...

You know, I understand that people aren't at their most alert when on vacation or a long business trip but come on! Get involved!

Comment

Quoth Getoutofmylobby View Post
        I hate it when i get ignored in person. I mostly hate stuff like this:

And i hate the silence too:

Me: Sir, what credit card will you be paying with today?
        SC: ...

You know, I understand that people aren't at their most alert when on vacation or a long business trip but come on! Get involved!
        They also do that on online games. Of course they have the nerve to complain why no one is asking for teams or why they cannot get any invites. Hello you have been constantly contacted but never replied. You know communication is a two way street.

Comment

Pay close attention next time someone only responds to questions with a stony silence. They could very well be a "silent protagonist" from a classic RPG! Be alert for other signs that they may indeed be such a protagonist, such as an impossible hairstyle, big anime eyes, and a desire to sell you their old and beaten up swords and armor after they've bought and equipped new gear bought from your store. For those of us working in hotels, check to see if any of the protagonist's party members are down to a single hit point, or if they're "unconscious" and hoping that a night in your hotel will heal all wounds and leave everyone feeling chipper in the morning.
          Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Quoth hauntedheadnc View Post
            and a desire to sell you their old and beaten up swords and armor
            For those of us working in hotels,
            Expect payment in gold coins.

Expect them to get up to their room, listen to some odd music that sounds a bit too flute-y, and come right back downstairs, ready to check out. They will not often balk at the price tag for the 'night', seeing as the monsters they've been beating up are finally dropping the 'mad cash'.

Er... why'd I reply again? Oh, right. My usual conversation with callers happens thusly:
            RJ: "SLD, can I have your employee ID?"
            P: "Hi, I got this exception, and the UW looked at it, and now it's declined, and I don't understand why."
            RJ: *eye quirk (damn those hurt)* "Your employee ID?"
            P: "Oh, it's *numbers*"
            RJ: "This is... 'My Worst Nightmare' (the one about the shrinking room?) ?"
            P: "Yeah, anyway, I got this exception..."
            RJ: "Your reference number?"
            P: "My what?"
            RJ: "Your EPS reference number?"
            P: "10.106.125.6"
            RJ: "That is an IP number, congratulations, you're too stupid to speak to me."
            -or-
            RJ: "Your reference number?"
            P: *numbers*
            RJ: "Hold on a moment while I pull that up."
            P: "So, yeah, see, my exception was canceled, and now I don't know what to do about it?"
            RJ: "Please hold while I bring up the file so I'm not lost as to what you're rambling on about."
            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Kim- I get that at the mall, too. I hate that! Parents train their kids to do that, too.

I'll ask how someone is doing (kid or adult) and I'll get a big snooty, "I'm just looking!"

At least some of them end that with a "thanks"- but damn.

A more polite reply would be, "I am fine, thanks for asking" and move on... (I'm a good salesperson, I get the hint) or another good reply would be, "I'm fine thank you. We are just looking around today."

I hate rudeness.
              I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

A more polite reply would be, "I am fine, thanks for asking" and move on... (I'm a good salesperson, I get the hint) or another good reply would be, "I'm fine thank you. We are just looking around today."
                What I don't understand is what would it hurt just to give a short and simple reply(appropriate to the question). Even though we're technically supposed to ask more "probing questions" after the greeting, if you appear to be in a "just passing by don't talk to me" sort of mood, then I'll leave it. But at least respond in some way. It just pisses me off if you ignore me completely.
                --Kim--

“It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane.” Philip K. Dick

Comment

Quoth CSR Kim View Post

Customer buys a ring, and I am ringing up her purchase. Me: "Would you like to wear this, or would you like it in a box?" Customer: "Yes." What part were you saying yes to? And then of course she acted quite annoyed when I asked her to clarify.
                  So I suppose putting the ring on her finger and then taping the box around her hand would come off as a little sarcastic, huh?

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
                    So I suppose putting the ring on her finger and then taping the box around her hand would come off as a little sarcastic, huh?
                    Nah, you put it in the box and then tape it to her finger.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                    X