This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wherein a patron yells at me after asking for my help

I'm at the reference desk on Saturday morning when a patron asks for computer help. He phrases his query oddly, so I'm not exactly sure what he wants. I go to his computer, and ask him what he needs. I finally figure out that he wants his document to be displayed with margins. He had somewhow switched to normal view in Word.

I can't see the document because of the privacy screens my district uses for the adult computers. I turn the monitor towards me, and this is what ensues:

Me= Super smart librarian
    SP= Sucky patron

SP: Do not touch that monitor
    Me: (completely shocked) What? I can't see the document because of the screen.
    SP: Then you need to move so you can see it.
    Me: I'm not moving anywhere. I can no longer help you. (I walk away).

I couldn't believe he said that to me. He was so incredibly rude. I wanted to strangle him.

ETA: Ooops, this was supposed to go in the sucky customers thread. Can it be moved?

*MOD NOTE - Yes, It can, and it was moved, but next time, just PM a mod. It's faster than waiting for one of us to read this note in the thread. ~Ree
    Last edited by Ree; 05-07-2007, 10:25 AM.

It does seem strange that he said that, why didn't he want you to touch the monitor? Could it be one of those LCD monitors that you aren't supposed to touch???

Comment

No, the monitors swivel so that they can be moved. He was just an asshole.

Comment

ITA, he didn't appreciate the help at all, his own loss IMO.

Comment

He's a tool, and with those privacy screens, unless he wanted to move, you were pretty much going to have to move the screen anyway.
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
          X