Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We're Sorry. What Kind of Response Did You Expect?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're Sorry. What Kind of Response Did You Expect?

Me: Awesome Software. This is Dips speaking. How may I help you?

Caller: We're calling from New York. We called you several times and didn't get the response we needed.

Me: What can I help you with?

Caller: When we use [product name] it [blah, blah, technoblah]...

Me: No problem. I just need need to get your serial number and then I'll get you to Carl in tech support.

[insert long exchange wherein I extract the serial number from these folks and they complain about having to give it to me, that's another rant]

Me: OK. I'm going to transfer you to Carl. If you get his voice mail it means he is at lunch or helping another customer. If you leave a message with your phone number, he'll call you back.

Caller: OK.

Me: One moment, please.

Even though I didn't ask, I strongly suspect they were the people who called while I was on the phone helping other people and didn't leave a message. How can we respond to people if we don't know they are trying to reach us? By definition a response has to be in reply to some action (e.g. leaving a voice mail) or words (e.g. giving us his name or number in said voice mail) on his part.

And we're supposed to be impressed that they had to call from New York? We sell all over the world and have maybe a whole ten customers in our local calling area. It's a long-distance call for just about EVERYONE! And the ones who call us from the UK and India have to pay international rates and DON'T bitch about our lack of "response" to boot.

When I transferred the call, I was kind of hoping that they'd get Carl's voice mail, but they didn't. Oh, well. Karma deferred.

Some people.
    Last edited by Dips; 05-04-2007, 08:46 PM. Reason: left a part out
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

My favorite are the idiots complaining about where they're calling from (implying expense) when I can tell from my end that they're using our toll free line.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

One of my favorites is when people are calling the hotel and asking for directions on their cell phone, and they go through a hilly area and lose connection---this is western Pennsylvania btw. Then they get mad when they have to call me back, or complain that our state is too hilly.

Comment

Quoth hotelnpa View Post
        Then they get mad when they have to call me back, or complain that our state is too hilly.
        Ahaha haha haa ha ha ha!!!!
        Well fiddle dee dee!!

Comment

Perhaps a vacation in Kansas is in order?

Comment

Working...
          X