This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listen to me!

Police officer orders 5 thighs. Not a problem, that may leave us with only 1 thigh left, but it's first come, first serve.

Suddenly, everyone and their mother wants chicken, so we're constantly running out. If I tell them it'll be 20 minutes, they say "We'll wait", and stare at me the ENTIRE 20 minutes.

We keep getting chicken up, and people keep ordering 20 and 16 piece meals (Standard batch is 36 pieces of chicken, so....)

At this point, I have: 8 breasts (focus!), 1 thigh, and about 30 wings.

Four middle-aged women come up to the counter. I'll name them A, B, C, and D.

A: I'll have the breast and thigh dinner
    Me: Here you go.
    B: I'll have the three piece, the breast thigh and leg.
    Me: Sorry, I'm out of thighs and legs.
    B: Oh, ok. I'll have the two breast dinner.
    Me: Here you go.
    C: Can I have the eight piece bucket?
    Me: *wtf, everyone else gets simple little dinners, you buy a bucket?* Sorry, I only have breasts and wings.
    A: They don't have any more dark meat
    B: They don't have the legs or thighs
    C: Oh. How about the three piece.
    Me: .... I don't have the legs or thighs. It'll be 20 minutes.
    C: That will never do. How about the two piece breast and thigh?
    Me: (I enunciate, but without being condescending) I don't have any thighs or legs.
    D: Honey, they have no thighs
    C: Ok, can I just have four piece wing?
    Me: Okay, here you go.
    D: Can I get the four piece all dark?
    Me: ! I don't have any dark meat.
    D: Well, how about the leg and thigh dinner?
    Me: I don't have any dark meat.
    D: Hmm, well, I'll do a breast and wing then.

Dear god, what part of "I HAVE NO LEGS OR THIGHS" were these people missing?! I wish I were making it up.
    I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
    less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

don't ya just love it when your words go in one ear and out the other?
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Quoth ahanix1989 View Post
      Dear god, what part of "I HAVE NO LEGS OR THIGHS" were these people missing?! I wish I were making it up.
      Well, obviously, they were missing the "NO" part.

I feel your pain, though. People only want what's currently unavailable. It's just the way things are.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Next time you are faced with such stupidity, switch tactics.

When they come up and try to order what you don't have, instead of telling them what it is that you don't have, focus on those things that you do have. Maybe that will be a bit easier for them to process.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I was considering grabbing the menu they were holding, grabbing my trusty Sharpee marker, and drawing a thick black line through everything that has a 20 minute wait.
          I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
          less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Comment

Quoth ahanix1989 View Post
            I was considering grabbing the menu they were holding, grabbing my trusty Sharpee marker, and drawing a thick black line through everything that has a 20 minute wait.
            LOL - it still wouldn't be clear to them though! Too funny. Although if I had to say "breast, thighs, legs" all day - I think I'd have a really hard time eating chicken.... just reminds me of all the body parts of the chicken - I like to just say "chicken" I'm not a vegetarian, but if I have to think about what part of the body the meat came from, or if my dish still LOOKS like the animal, I'm going to have a hard time eating it.....

Comment

Quoth air914 View Post
              I'm not a vegetarian, but if I have to think about what part of the body the meat came from, or if my dish still LOOKS like the animal, I'm going to have a hard time eating it.....
              Guess a lot of seafood is out for you since you can see what the food came from.

Lobsters with their eye stalks bad enough they look like an alien they came intact on the plate for you to crack open and pull the flesh from to be dipped in delicious butter.
              Last edited by NightAngel; 05-07-2007, 04:43 PM.

Comment

I think it's hilarious that the woman said "They have no thighs" and then orders the leg and thigh meal 30 seconds later. Talk about short term memory loss...
                It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
                -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

wait... didnt D explain to C you where out of theighs.... and then ask for theighs.... wow... thats stupid

Comment

Dear god, what part of "I HAVE NO LEGS OR THIGHS" were these people missing?!
                    How to Laugh Hysterically:

1. Take the above out of context.
                    2. Read.
                    "several million years for a monkey to turn into a man. oh wait thats right. monkeys dont live several million years."
                    -FSTDT

Comment

Any conversation involving the availability and/or flavor of chicken parts taken out of context is usually pretty hillarious.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth infavorofnaturalselection View Post
                        Lobsters with their eye stalks
                        I refuse to eat anything that's staring at me -I once made a date blindfold his lobster with a peapod and a fettuccine noodle so I could eat without his meal staring at me

and yeah if it looks like animal I have issues with eating it, and I don't like eating anything with more or less than 4 legs-that's why I love steak-and hamburger.
                        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Working...
                        X