This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy must come with the weather

So I have had a long long week and just now getting to post.

The week was full of this.
    Me-Can I get your first and last name
    -ummmmm
    -bob-then they start their rant
    -silence
    -Just start laying into whatever gripe they have

I want everyone to know that the call will not go well if all I can hear is
    -a leaf blower/lawn mower
    -birds (nice but not sqwaking in your ear)
    -TV
    -Radio
    -a wind tunnel
    -a bar
    This just drives me nuts. Added steps to the bell tower if they keep hollering "What" You need to speak up

I vanquished a customer last week. It was awesome.
    This call was in regards to a woman wanting a refund that was past policy. She was getting pretty irate so I adopted the silent treatment.
    Me-.......
    SC-so I cant get my money back
    Me-(for the 5th time). No I have canceled your billing and your policy expired on such and such date.
    This has been going on for quite awhile. Finally the moment of awesomeness
    SC-Well its not fair.
    Me-I'm sorry you feel that way but your policy was outlined on the application form you filled out.
    SC-Well Its not fair. You company is just not fair. *Hangs Up*
    Me-

The other customer that really got to me.
    Me-Opening the call. Thank you for calling blah blah blah
    SC-I really need to talk to someone. (This line really irks me what am I chopped liver)
    Me-Well I'm sure I can help you with anything you need.
    In comes the life story.
    SC-I need help filling out the form. I don't have much education. (this line was stated no less than 5 times.)
    *Walked through Step by step filling out the form. This form has pick 1 of 3 options, payment info, and personal info. He wasn't kidding about the smarts. Then after all of this hand holding he ends the call with. Well I guess I will go find the form and fill it out the best I can. Through the entire conversation with this guy he cant figure out the loud beeping noise is him hitting a button on the phone.

Just General ranting
    Our customers are pretty dense. I don't think they are bad people but they are pretty bottom of the smarts barrel. Here are some of my worst issues.

The # sign
    This is the bane of all things on the phone pad. Have to describe this by every possible analogy. The tic tac toe sign, location, all the way down to can you look at your phone, do you see the bottom that is 2 lines going up and down and 2 crossing lines. Thats the # sign. Yes you have to push that after your pin to get through.

Check Drafting
    Explaining that I need the account number before the routing number is damn near impossible to these people. I specifically ask them I just need your account number, no not the routing your bank account number first. The will still give me the routing first. I know it comes first on the check but geez I just told you don't you know your account number.
    I before E except after C. We live in a weird society
Working...
X