Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The worst place I have seen them used is on the side of a swimming pool, fortunately it was after I stopped being a lifeguard there so I did not have to deal with them directly but I did get one of the other teachers (I was teaching at the time) to stop them before they broke something (either themselves or something else).
    "My experience has taught me one thing. A shaved cat is much angrier than an unshaved cat."
    Chester Holiday Apartment

Comment

I haven't seen anyone banning them yet, but I saw something that made me openly cheer Saturday.

In the garden department at Lowes, hundres of people with plants, flowers, mulch, etc. around. Kid comes in with parents and skates a bit, Dad tells him to knock that off.

Woo! Parenting!

Comment

Personally, I want a pair for myself.

The problem isn't the shoes, but the parents who can't be bothered to teach their young how to behave in public.

And I don't understand why they keep banning each of these devices separately. I mean, really, all they need to do is put up a blanket ban on anything with wheels, with the exception of wheelchairs and motorized chairs for people who have difficulty walking.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

i work in a mall and i see those stupid things all the time. a kid actually ran straight into my glass case once. i was cleaning the store side and i heard a thump and the case rattled. i got up and the kid had his entire body on my case, face pressed against it yelling "moooooooom! i want a cooooookie!" i looked at him and said "can you please remove your face from my case? i just cleaned it." his mom glared at me and said "you really shouldn't be rude to potential customers" and stormed off, kid in tow.
          mrs fields: serving sarcasm one cookie at a time

"m'fashnik...is that like mm cookies?" ~dawn summers

Comment

I have to go look up the story, but it looks like some stores here in Albuquerque are banning the damn things! I would love for our store to ban them. Seriously, if you aren't allowed to have skateboards, bikes, etc. in the store, why are these menaces allowed?
            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth megami View Post
              his mom glared at me and said "you really shouldn't be rude to potential customers" and stormed off, kid in tow.
              "Maybe you shouldn't be a b*tch to someone who could potentially handle your food!"
              "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

I've seen some kids in the store with those on, but rarely do they go very fast with them, so nothing worth banning... yet.
                "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittensā€¦"

Comment

Quoth April View Post
                  She nearly ran into me on THREE seperate occassions. Twice with plates of food and once with a bowl of very hot soup.
                  Soup. Wheels. Bad combination.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Hate 'em!

Well, around my neck of the woods, they're a real problem!

Until July of last year, I worked in one of the larger malls in this area, and those brats were everywhere! I couldn't believe the parents were so stupid! But I got revenge... I asked mall security if they were allowed to use them in the mall, which, of course, they AREN'T. So, every time I saw a kid using 'em after that, I'd flag down the nearest security guard, give 'em a description of the kid, and send 'em off after 'em! Got a few of the little gits kicked out of the mall that way!

Of course, I no longer work there. And the mall I usually shop at doesn't have security people as diligent as the ones where I used to work, because they let the little smegheads have free reign of the mall on their Heelys. It's to the point where I'm ready to just start takin' the kids out when I see 'em. Stick out a foot and trip them, or stick my arm straight out and clothesline 'em!

But, of course, I'd be the bad guy if I did that. So maybe instead, I'll just let 'em run into me, then threaten to sue their parents AND the mall! Maybe THAT will get some results!

And BTW, the mall has signs posted at the entrances stating very clearly what's allowed inside and what isn't. They don't mention Heelys or roller skates by name, but there's a bit about actions that endanger others being prohibited. You'd think security would start enforcing that bit, but apparently that would just make too much sense.
                    "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
                    --StanFlouride

Comment

You forgot the rule; if it makes sense, it's not allowed. XD
                      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                      My DeviantArt.

Comment

I believe heelies are not yet available in germany yet, at least I havenĀ“t seen them.

But I am really looking forward to mobbing up blood and skull-fragments in the store when they become fashionable here
                        not a native speaker of the English language, but trying!

Comment

Mind you I have nothing against the shoes (please don't hit me), in fact when I was at the NAtional Zoo in DC last Saturday I was actually envious of the kids who had them since it looked like it made navigating the zoo a thousand percent easier than the shoe-leather express I was on.

Besides I swear that zoo was designed by MC Escher. I started at one end of the zoo, walked uphill the whole damn way, and ended up at the same place I started.

That being said there is a time and a place for those shoes and in a crowded store isn't one of them. I've seen kids plow into kiosks, into people and into glass walls. A personal favorite one was watching some pre-teen go right off the escelator. Were it not for the 20 people on it at the time she would have bounced down the stairs like a flesh covered slinky.

I like them, I think they're a great idea, I just wish to the God and Goddess that the parents would freaking parent their children instead of letting them roll around like human bumper cars. I don't wish them harm, but if they survive an accident without needing medical treatment then I find nothing wrong with my laughing at them until my sides split.

M
                          I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
                            she would have bounced down the stairs like a flesh covered slinky.
                            Gotta remember that one!

I'm not against the shoes completely. Just not in stores. I might be able to get around a little faster in my car (well, except for all the pesky people that would be running around screaming), but I don't drive through the store in it.
                            "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

I think the problem with Heelies is they're marketed to the wrong age group. Adults could really benefit from built in wheels. Errands could go so much faster, and most of us... er, some of us... er...well, a few of us would have the sense to use them properly.

Actually, now that I think of all the idiots of the world that we complain about on this site... nevermind. But I want some heelies, darnit. I wear women's 11, they don't come that big. *sighs*

Comment

Note to self, smite Skandranon with newspaper upon next sighting, immediately after hugs.
                                Check out my cosplay social group!
                                http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

Working...
                                X