X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
    You forgot the rule; if it makes sense, it's not allowed. XD
    You're right, I did forget about that. But I'm also talking about Columbia Mall in Columbia, MD. Oh, sorry... I mean "The Mall in Columbia", as it's officially called. A pretentious name for a mall that's frequented by a lot of upper-middle-class families. Apparently, mall security wouldn't DREAM of telling them that their "precious little angels" are doing anything wrong, because they might sue, or worse yet, *GASP!* take their business elsewhere!
    "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
    --StanFlouride

Comment

I was on the bus one day and a girl flagged the bus down and tried to get on with her rollerblades.

The driver had a fit and yelled her that she couldn't come on with those things on her fit. She tried to argue the point, you know, "I have correct bus fare, you HAVE to let me on, blah blah blah."

He shut the door in her face drove off
      Total surrender
      Your touch is so tender
      Your skin is like water on a burning beach
      And it brings me relief
      "Nails in My Feet" - Crowded House

Comment

Quoth Skandranon View Post
        Actually, now that I think of all the idiots of the world that we complain about on this site... nevermind. But I want some heelies, darnit. I wear women's 11, they don't come that big. *sighs*
        I would suggest you look into the men's sizes, then. They do have a couple of models out that are men's size 11, which supposedly should fit a woman who wears size 11, as men's sizes are larger for the same number (for no reason I can figure) and Heelys fit 1 size smaller than the number indicates (for no reason I can possibly come up with, either).

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Generally, men's shoes are 2 sizes smaller then womens. I wear 7 in womens, 5 in boys. Works great when I need hiking boots--save some money.
          I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Well, just to throw a wrench into all that: I wear Nikes exclusively. I can wear the size 9 womens or size 9 mens pretty much interchangeably. My last pair were womens, but I'm fairly certain my current pair were mens (the best of the lot at a discount shoe place).

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Yes!!! *Doing a happy-happy-joy-joy Snoopy dance* Our store has banned them. The sign says anyone caught on them (along with skateboards, bikes?, etc.) will be asked to leave! Of course, now we've actually got to enforce it. Good luck on that one with the parents of these "charming tykes"!
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Killer Bees View Post
                He shut the door in her face drove off
                Haha. Getting what she deserved.

I've seen these heelies, and it really pisses me off that the parents seem to act like their kids haven't done anything wrong... one kid I saw nearly knocked over a few people at a local supermarket. Thankfully, the adults won that argument, since it was 3 adults on 1.
                "Oh, you hate your job? There's a club for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet down at the bar." ~Drew Carey

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                  I wear Nikes exclusively.
                  Amusingly, so do I. The only sneakers I have bought for myself since I was 13, with only a couple minor exceptions, have been Nikes. The last few years, black Nike cross-trainers, as I feel those are the most versatile for my needs and uses.

Even more amusingly, I wear men's size 9. I cannot, however, comment on what size in women's I wear, as I have never had any inclination to try on a pair of women's shoes of any sort. But, from what everone tells me, including both my sisters, my mom, and every girl I have ever known, women's sizes are in fact two sizes off from men's. So no idea how you are wearing men's and women's nines without a problem.

By the way, for the politcos out there, yes, I know all about what Nike does as a corporation and as an employer. I am not loyal to the company....just their damn shoes. When someone else learns to make sneakers that I find to be better and more comfy than Nike, then I'll stop buying Nike sweathshop produced products and start buying the products from the sweatshops of said new manufacturer. What...you didn't really think Nike was the ONLY sneaker maker to use such practicies, did you?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

I love Heelys.

No, that's not quite right. I love the concept of Heelys. There are lots of places I'd use them. Inside a supermarket is not one of them.

Parents should be teaching what is polite and proper to their kids. Running in stores = BAD. Riding Heelys is running without the flailing limbs and without so much control. That makes it BAD PLUS.

Alas, my huge feet don't fit any known size of Heelys (I wear Men's 11 1/2). Oh well...

Comment

Quoth DrugstoreJulie View Post
                      I believe heelies are not yet available in germany yet, at least I havenĀ“t seen them.

But I am really looking forward to mobbing up blood and skull-fragments in the store when they become fashionable here
                      daaarn, I just realized that the pavement in front of my store is all cobblestone (pedestrian precinct), so no heelies to be expected around here
                      Last edited by DrugstoreJulie; 05-06-2007, 08:04 AM. Reason: spelling
                      not a native speaker of the English language, but trying!

Comment

As I was driving home from work last night, I drove past Sports Authority and right on their sign it now reads: "WE HAVE HEELYS!!!" Then I saw 3 rolling terrors blazing through Target, forcing people going around corners to stop in their tracks and scold them, much to the little mobile punks' delight, and cursed the inventor of the wheel.
                        "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
                        X