Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lefty here. I hate writing with a pen/pencil... I'd much rather type. I do hold the pen "funny" - holding my hand above the line I'm writing. There are actually several reasons for that...

Righties pull the pen/pencil smoothly across the paper. Lefties, if they hold a pen or pencil in a "proper" manner, are forced to push the pencil across the paper. With a sharp pencil, that results in a high likelihood of tearing the paper. So most lefties end up adjusting their hand up so they're not pushing quite so much - with the hand above the line, you're sort of pulling at an angle. I've also met lefties who write in the "curled paw" style, where they're actually pulling the pen across the paper by curling their left hand all the way around to the right side of the writing space. I can't imagine doing that myself... my wrists would hurt.

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
      It wouldn't work. Let's just say that GK isn't soft and curvy enough for my preferences.
      Well, there IS that. For my next trick, I'll be doing matchmaking sessions for dogs and cats.....

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
        Thus I must remain contented by shaking my first at the monitor in silent rage. I am full of rage.

So many jackasses tonight…why are there so many jackasses? Its like a constant, unfaltering stream of jackass as if they're rolling off of some sort of jackass production line somewhere at some high tech jackass factory. Curse you, jackass factory. CURSE YOU.

A few minutes ago, eh? Maybe you better keep your Visa in your wallet rather then that gaping rift into an alternate dimension where time has no meaning that must be in your living room. I wish I had a gaping rift in my living room. I'd push people into it and laugh. People like you.

Me: "and your postal code?"
        SC: "Uh……that’s a good question."

Yes, yes it is. Now if you could give me a good answer we'd be a roll, wouldn't we? Hell, if you could give me a good reason to keep listening to you dribble on the receiver we'd have a hat trick! Then maybe we wouldn't be down 3-1 to those Monkey Ducks or whatever the hell it is those asshats in Anaheim call themselves now. Er, wait, what were we talking about again?
        Aw, Gravekeeper, you poor bunny.
        Here, have some choccie...
        ...but I'm a bastard and so desensitized to the scum of humanity that I'm immune to the Stun status effect.
        Quoth Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
          This thing is starting to go well above and beyond mere coincidence. I should call my mom tomorrow and ask her if she's sure she didn't have twins. Or if I'm adopted (would that mean I'm imported from Canada?).
          Does the top of your head hinge sideways when you talk?

I'm a lefty too, and I guess I've compensated by not pressing very hard on the paper with the tip of my writing utensil. Makes carbon copies a total bitch.

Comment

Rightie here, and another writery, drawy type (although my confidence in both is dwindling fast D: ).

I actually don't keep my pen at 6 o'clock, unless I'm bored and just doodling for fun while looking like I'm suffering. I keep it at 9 o'clock, or possibly somewhere between 10 and 11 o'clock when I'm drawing.... Does that make me a strange bunny?
            "You're a ninja. You can't be a fan of pirate rock"

Comment

Grave, I hope this stuff is good as you say. I got creative and went to http://www.claruscanadian.com/ to order me a case and have it sent here.
              Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

Quoth repsac View Post
                Grave, I hope this stuff is good as you say. I got creative and went to http://www.claruscanadian.com/ to order me a case and have it sent here.
                Did you order the Saskatoon Berry? Its the best. I'm not as fond of the citrus one but its decent too.

The Green Tea's not bad but its new so I don't know if you can find it on there.

Beaver Buzz is great. I drink it for the vitamins and the pick me up. Its nice because its not loaded with artificial sweeteners or just raw caffeine so it has no "crash" afterwards. So I don't flop over and die suddenly at the end of my shift. ><

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
                  Does the top of your head hinge sideways when you talk?
                  I don't know what you're talking aboot, buddy.

Couldn't resist
                  "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post

we need a pompom waving cheerleader smiley...guess high-fivers'll hafta do...

freesmileys.org is my friend
                    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Working...
                    X