Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the people there will be as big geeks as she says, you should make her a costume like Clown from Spawn.

That will get them all hot and bothered and she'll look like a right tool.

Do yourself a favour and DO NOT make anything for this woman, let alone for free. Guaranteed she will find fault with it and you'll never hear the end of it. Plus, the constant adjustments and tweaking will cost you a fortune.

You don't want her trashing your reputation and your sewing skills because she's being a noob.
    Total surrender
    Your touch is so tender
    Your skin is like water on a burning beach
    And it brings me relief
    "Nails in My Feet" - Crowded House

Comment

I say, explain to the wretched little fiend the facts of life, such as you need to eat, she needs to stop dicedigging, and that boy needs someone who is genuinely interested in his hobby.

Otherwise, she'll end up like my step-dad. Mom and I are conmonkeys. Stepdad only went to trade cons. He pretended to be interested, then tried to isolate Mom from fandom. You can only guess how long THAT lasted.

Seriously though, what did you tell her?

Comment

"I could model the outfit you make me instead of paying you for it I could put it on my myspace and lj and tell everyone you did it and then if you get a lot of hits from it maybe you could cut me in for a share?? "

Model it instead of paying for it and then MAYBE YOU COULD CUT ME IN FOR A SHARE???

This girl has a good sense of humor. I hope her boyfriend does, too, since she doesnt' respect him, his scene, or his friends.

Yeah, I'd show this dumb heifer the door. I wouldn't do a damn thing for her. In fact, I wouldn't do a damn thing for her even if she DID agree to pay. This is a job that will ultimately cost you waaaay more than the cost of the job.

Comment

I would simply tell her that you have too many commissions currently to be able to finish a costume for her. What a disrespectful little brat.
          GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

All I can say is, that for a woman, she sure has a huge set of brass ones.
            Sometimes life is altered.
            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
            Uneasy with confrontation.
            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Well I slept on it and was able to send an email that stated that I was too busy at this time to take on a project of her description. It was hard cause the whole thing, while being annoying, was funny. I'm going to be looking for her at Dragon-Con to see the look of bewilderment and misery, cause I'm pretty sure she won't be the hottest chick there by a long shot.

I loved all the suggestions, I was thinking seriously of going old school and just making her a Hutt and letting it go at that.

While this isn't the first time I've been asked to do something for nothing, it is the first time that I was but someone with this lack of intellegence, manners,...brains??
              Not even sure what the right word is.

Jinxy
              That's just my opinion, I could be wrong" ~Dennis Miller
              http://www.myspace.com/jinxy213
              http://www.myspace.com/bgge

Comment

Make her pay to dress up as Pandy from "Dead Leaves." Or, better yet, as Chinko Drill from the same. That way she has to walk around with a giant drill that everyone will know is a penis. That's a good decision.

Or just tell her (politely) that she has lost her f*****g mind and she should go somewhere else to get free expensive stuff. You don't provide free stuff and you don't want a model who refers to a large part of your client base as retards and geeks (in a gigantically horrendous run-on sentence, no less).

Just not writing back might be okay, if you think that it won't hurt your relationship with the good customer who referred Miss Priss to you. Anyway you do it, good luck with the pyscho. Post updates! Inquiring minds want to know...

Edit: And this is Chinko Drill, if you don't know who he is.
                Last edited by Hobgoblin; 05-04-2007, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Lol, not into the convention scene and wants something hot to fit in and be an accessory for her boyfriend, and all for free? Hah! She'll get to her first Dragon Con, hate it, be back in the hotel room after the first hour and there goes your "advertisement".

I'd say you made a good call.

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
                  ~Clerks

Comment

Atlanta in Sept. is HOT,....I have nothing but respect for anyone who can handle doing the costume thing in that heat. I just haul out the massive collection of custom tee-shirts I do and am cool and comfy, if asked I just say I'm a fan.

I have seen the girls who had no idea what it would be like and while being the cutest/hottest girl in their corner of geekdom, are far from the hottest/cutest at D-Con,.............that's funny.

Although now that I date my bf I have to go to the dinner and I can't (it's just the way I am) go to an event without dressing up so now I have to shlep heels with me as well.

Jinxy

Comment

...okay, we're all in agreement that I'm evil, because I'm sure this is borderline Satanic.

But gosh, it would be "unfortunate" if you "accidently" forwarded that e-mail to her boyfriend...*coughcough*
                      "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post
                        ...okay, we're all in agreement that I'm evil, because I'm sure this is borderline Satanic.

But gosh, it would be "unfortunate" if you "accidently" forwarded that e-mail to her boyfriend...*coughcough*
                        I'm just as evil and prolly worse cause that's why I checked her my space looking for the poor guy.

The regular who passed along my info to her is someone from back home who I know pretty well, so the odds are good that I know the guy. I just don't know who out of my guy friend's it could be,...

Jinxy who wishes stupid was criminal

Comment

You might ponder to your friend who passed it on that you're curious about who she's dating, since there's a good chance you might know the guy and that way you could recognize her at the con, should you bump into them.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Jinxy, great minds think alike!

I hopped into this thread a bit late and I was going to say make her a Jabba the Hutt costume.

After all, with all the geeks and "retards" there, and my friends call me a retard for liking Star Wars, surely she'll fit right in and be HOT!
                            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I'd make her a scantily clad male costume (Think Kuja FF9) While crossplaying is no biggie in the cosplay world, that biotch sounds like someone who'd be REALLY offended to find out they were dressed like a guy.

Comment

Quoth Jinxy View Post
                                I'm going to be looking for her at Dragon-Con to see the look of bewilderment and misery, cause I'm pretty sure she won't be the hottest chick there by a long shot.
                                Nope. I will be! In all my Slave Leia, Imp Caution Tape, and all around Princessly manner! I'm teasing. I'd never wear the Caution Tape.

Comment

Working...
                                X