This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Detergent Customer

Yesterday, there was a customer who had a problem with the price of 2 different size detergents. It turned out the price was the same on both sizes. The customer didn't think it made sense for the price to be the same on both sizes. I ended up writing a note for scan to fix the problem which the customer accepted.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

Quoth purplecat41877 View Post
    The customer didn't think it made sense for the price to be the same on both sizes.
    Were they from the same company, same specific brand, same details etc? Then yeah I would wonder if it was a store mistake or just maybe a store promotion. Anything else different I would just put up to one company trying to either promote why they were superior price for their size or trying to undercut their competition.

This isn't a sucky customer per say. They may honestly to their mind be looking out for the store's best interest.
    Last edited by Ree; 05-05-2007, 08:31 PM. Reason: Editing irrelevant parts out of quote

Comment

Quoth infavorofnaturalselection View Post
      This isn't a sucky customer per say. They may honestly to their mind be looking out for the store's best interest.
      That is what I am thinking also, that she is looking out for the best interest of the store.
      Last edited by Ree; 05-05-2007, 08:30 PM. Reason: Editing irrelevant parts out of quote
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Maybe it's just another case of idiots in corporate. Last week the morons who come up with my companies weekly sales put two different sizes of Centrum Silver on sale for the same price. If the 60ct and the 100ct are both on sale for $4.99, did they really think sales of the 60ct would be that good?
        "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Anonymous

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual." - Dr. House

Comment

Quoth El Barto View Post
          Maybe it's just another case of idiots in corporate. Last week the morons who come up with my companies weekly sales put two different sizes of Centrum Silver on sale for the same price. If the 60ct and the 100ct are both on sale for $4.99, did they really think sales of the 60ct would be that good?
          if the 100ct is overstocked or being used as a loss leader, it doesn't matter that the 60ct is the same price, the 100 ct fills it's purpose or an oversupply of 100 ct packages is corrected.
          DILLIGAF

Comment

I run into this every so often.

The regular size of whatever I'm looking at will be one price, and the "family" size will be the same or lower.

However, I understand that it's usually a push to move the larger item and take it if I can possibly use it. I cringe when I buy the smaller item, but I hate wasting stuff I can't possibly use more than paying a higher price per volume.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

The scan coordinator left a note for me about the detergents. It turns out the prices are supposed to be the same.
              My Fanfic Page
              My Fiction Page
              My Social Group
              My Pet Social Group
              My You Tube Channel

Comment

Years ago, when I was with the gas station, our mid-grade was the same price as our regular. I asked the boss about this, and he said they got charged the same price for both of them, so that was what I explained to customers. Even though they were the same price, regular outsold mid-grade by about twenty to one, so we got rid of it and put in diesel instead.

Comment

Quoth TheRoo View Post
                  Years ago, when I was with the gas station, our mid-grade was the same price as our regular. I asked the boss about this, and he said they got charged the same price for both of them, so that was what I explained to customers. Even though they were the same price, regular outsold mid-grade by about twenty to one, so we got rid of it and put in diesel instead.
                  well mid grade isn't necessarilly better, you put the right fuel in for your engine. if you put too low octane you get knock/detonation but, IIRC, if you put in too high you gain nothing and can cause slight reductions in milage and residue building up in the engine. i think the price difference just comes from the fact that fancy and expensive cars tend to require higher octane so the producers know they can charge more for it.
                  DILLIGAF

Comment

I just looked it up, it's the emissions system that can get messed up if you use moderately too high octane, like premium 97 or 100 in a car meant for 87

OTOH some not so bright drag racers or illegal street racers manage to get their hands on 130 octane jet fuel.

unfortunately for them, leaded fuel is not just toxic and illegal in cars, it also has a nasty habit of messing up your oxygen sensor.
                    DILLIGAF

Comment

Working...
                    X