This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank your kids for your eviction...

I knew Friday was going to be a fun day. I had made a thread on some of the crap of that day, but with the hotel filled with over 80 kids on Friday, I had my work cut out for me and couldn't update it.
    By 9pm, the hotel was filled with kids (a softball tournament and track meet in town, oh joy!). Luckily most were with a school and I had a coach or someone I can complain to (schools are usually good about this, they don't want there students ruining the name of there schools with bad behavior). However, as always, the ones with there parents seem to be the worst. The parents don't care to "parent" and so the kids feel that its okay to cause trouble.
    Its almost 1am and a women staying on the third floor calls me and tells me that a few kids are running up the down the hall, playing tag or something.
    I go up and stare at them, they stop and stare back. One says "whats the problem?", all I ask is what room they are in. Another gets smart with me and says they are not hotel guests, to which I replied "come with me, you are leaving the hotel". They finally acted right and told me which room they were in. I follow them to the room and knocked on the door. Sleepy parents awake and I tell them what there kids are doing, and that the ENTIRE hotel is full and they are distrubing the whole floor. Father didn't seem to care, so I added "if it happens again, I will have to ask you and you're family to leave, I can't allow a few kids to make a bunch of innocent families upset because they can't sleep". The father told the heathens (and they were 14-15 years old) to come in the room, and I left.
    About 15 minutes later, same lady that called the first time called again. She said "you need to get here quick, I think that man is going to kill those kids!". WTF!?!?!
    I run upstairs and see this customer, in his boxers, being held back by his wife/SO, and he is cursing up a storm. These monsters are in the hall, YELLING and SCREAMING for no apparent reason. There were 6 other families who had there doors open, looking in the hall because they were all woken up by the noise.
    I got the enraged man to calm down and told him in a quiet manner "I'll take care of this, trust me". He respected that and calmed down, but stood there to see what I was going to do.
    One of the snotty kids looked at me and said "my dad doesn't give a shit, what are you going to do about it?". I marched over to the room and banged on the door. The father opened the door and yelled at me, but I quickly cut him off and told him to "get the hell out, NOW!". He laughed. I told him to step out in the hall and see the trouble the kids caused. He peaked out into the hallway and the man who was irate yelled out "I'm gonna kick your ass buddy!". Now mister cocky has an attitude adjustment and begs me to allow his family to stay.
    I didn't know this, but the lady that called the front desk both times, called the cops the second time when she saw the man getting upset with the kids. So enter cops. They see the whats going on and come to talk to me (they know me, we've called them before ). I explain to the officers what happened. The officers spoke to the man and his family and told them they needed to leave, that the hotel was kicking them out, and that with all these angry guests, they should probably leave anyways.
    As they were leaving, customers were clapping. Thats a first I must add.
    I have a police report of the matter, and a couple of the customers wanted to be noted in the report as witnesses (or victims maybe?). None of these customers placed blame on us for the matter and didn't even ask for a discount or refund in the morning! They got one anyways as a show of appreciation.
    I should also add that it was probably hard as hell for them to find a room, Friday night, after 1am, considering that we had been sold out since the beginning of the week and had atleast 30-40 calls an hour for people asking for rooms that day.
    I don't feel sorry for them one bit. No respect from the parents, and the kids followed. They got what was coming to them, plain and simple.

This situation should be a wakeup call for those parents. 15 is a dangerous age for those kids to be so undisciplined. Getting kicked out of a hotel may be the least of their worries.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Last year I went to a friend's wedding, and another friend and her husband drove home in the middle of the night after the wedding because their 2-year-old was hysterical and no one was going to sleep anyway, so they decided it would be better to go home than stay up all night disturbing other people. But a couple of teenagers screaming in the hall for the hell of it?! WTF?! And how was it their parents slept through all this?
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Parents obviously didnt care, maybe they were immune to the noise.

There were others that slept through it, heavy sleepers I guess (and some weren't even in the room at the time, after all, it was Friday night).

Hopefully it was a wake up call for them. I really wonder if they found a place to sleep that night (BTW, they were here for the softball tourney, and they had a game in the morning, avg. wake up call was for 7am that day, gives you an idea of when people were getting up).

Comment

That's absolutely horrible. I hope when those kids do get some sleep, they get a taste of their own medicine. If they acted this way at your hotel, I wouldn't be surprised if they acted this disrespectful at other hotels . . .
          This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

I noticed that kids now think they "deserve" respect from elders. I see more and more cocky, self centered, and may I add stupid kids everyday.

Instead of being asked "Would it be possible for you to give me four quarters for this dollar bill" I get (all day friday) a dollar bill thrown at me and "I need change". One kid gave me two dollar bills and asked for NINE quarters back. I corrected him and said "you mean eight". He said "NO! NINE!". I gave him his two dollars back and told him to show me, on paper, an equation in which 2 = 9 x 0.25. His friends started laughing at him "damn dude, you got owned". The kid took his money back and said, like its a phrase or something of meaning, "whatever".

I wasn't a genius at 15, but damn I wasn't retarded either.

Comment

Geez, I learned how to figure out how many quarters in, like, first grade...
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Heaven help my children if they ever act that way. I already told my boss that if he ever sees my child misbehaving and/or me pleading w/ my child to behave, he has my permission to slap me....cuz that would be my fault...
                If you don't like my attitude, talk to the manager!!! Oh, wait, that would be me!!

Yes, I'm the manager. I'm also known as "the brick wall".

Comment

I still regret acting like such a heyena in 8th grade at a trip to Wisconsin Dells.

Our 8th grade class went to a Brewer's game to Miller Park, then spent the night at Treasure Island or some indoor water park hotel. I forgot which one; there are so many around there.

I remember severa phone calls being made to parents the next day, including mine, because of us teenagers running rampant throughout the hallways and trying to sneak into the hottubs with boys after hours (shh!) and jumping on the beds and screaming at the top of our lungs.

Oh well, I got what I had coming to me. I was grounded nearly all summer for it.

Not only that, but last time my parents took us to the Dells, I couldn't sleep because of little kids running around throughout the hallways at 2 am. I got what I deserved, I guess.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth slick View Post
                    None of these customers placed blame on us for the matter and didn't even ask for a discount or refund in the morning! They got one anyways as a show of appreciation.
                    Those customers ROCK!!!!!! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay them!!!!!! Very mature of them.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

In 1998, when I was in a summer program for college-bound kids, we took a trip to UW-Madison. Normally when we would go on these college tours, we'd pair off and sleep in dorms, to get a feel for college life. But because UW-Madison closed its dorms for the summer, we were forced to instead stay in an air-conditioned hotel with a swimming pool.

We were a little rambunctious, throwing each other in the swimming pool, but the trouble started when we had returned to our rooms for the night. It turned out one of my friends had smuggled in some alcohol and cigarettes, and she and a couple other people were enjoying them (I wasn't--I don't smoke and saved my alcohol consumption for when there weren't adults around LOL).

Well, I was in my friend's room calling out for pizza for all of us when our chaperones knocked and made a surprise inspection, because they had been tipped off about the cigarettes and alcohol. So here's my friend with a smokey treat in her hand, and they all assumed I was the one who had broguht them!

When we got back to town, everybody in the room got punished by losing their stipends for the summer program and also their high-school credit for attending. I protested saying I had nothing to do with the whole thing, but the cahperones said I was guilty by just being in the room, unless my friends would say I wasn't smoking or drinking. Fortunately, they stood up and told them I wasn't, so I didn't get into any trouble.

So here's some good advice anybody can use: If you're at a party or someplace else, and you see illegal things going on, get out of there, because you can get into trouble for just being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Not a school thing, but a wrong place thing:

I had a friend that had moved to New Mexico. She was visiting another friend and had brought her niece, who she was babysitting. The friend she was visiting had pot in the bedroom (not smoking, just stored) and she was in the front room braiding her niece's hair. Long story short, somebody ratted on the friend having pot, the police raided, and my friend got hit with contributing to the delinquency of a minor even though she never even knew her friends smoked and nobody had smoked the entire time of the visit.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                        X