This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Are you shopping on your off time?"

I was shopping at Wal-Mart yesterday & pretty much had my mind on shopping-You won't believe all the nice blouses & skirts I found-oooooooooh!!!!...LOL.
    Anyhoo....this guy looks at me & says...."You must be on your day off. I can't believe you'd be here shopping on your off time". I said..."um, I don't work here anymore. I quit". He said..."Really? Why is that?" I said.."Cause i got tired of stupid people asking me stupid questions!" He then looks at me & walks away REAL quick...lol.
    I didn't know him from Adam.
    On my way out I walked past him & I hear him say to his wife( I presume that's who the lady he was with was)..."see honey, there's that mean girl I told you about". So I stopped, turned around & glared at him & said..."Do me a favor & shut the fuck up!! He's like---
    Then he said...."Young lady, I don't appreciate you talking to me like that. I'm going to see your manager & have you fired".
    So I said..."I TOLD YOU I DON'T WORK HERE ANYMORE YOU STUPID MAN!!!" & I laughed all the way out the door with people looking at me like I was crazy or something.....lol
    I bought 3 blouses & 2 skirts...yayyyyyyyy!!

Wow, some people are real morons....

Comment

That was just too sweet!!! Oh to be there when that went down..
      If you don't like my attitude, talk to the manager!!! Oh, wait, that would be me!!

Yes, I'm the manager. I'm also known as "the brick wall".

Comment

Walmart will get the last laugh unfortunately. The crap they sell fill fall apart in a month.
        This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Quoth bigjimaz View Post
          The crap they sell fill fall apart in a month.
          That's odd. Everything I buy there lasts FOREVER.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Yea, I've never had a problem with clothes I bought there...in fact...the pants and shirt I'm wearing right now are from there....

I'm poor. I shop at walmart...what can I say? I try to make it a point to go to the one by my parent's home though- at least I know the employees there and they all seem to love their jobs.

(unlike the stories I hear on here!)

OT- people are freakin' stupid. It must have been great finally getting to tell off a sucky customer! with no repercussions!
            I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

I shop at WalMart all the time... I've got clothes from WalMart that I've had since I was 13. Still wear 'em. They haven't fallen apart yet

Comment

I'm a high-end/low-end shopper. I'll spend a fortune on pieces I really want and jeans that actually fit (I'm oddly proportioned and have a v. long inseam) but I love love love shopping at Target and WalMart for everything else. In fact, I'm headed out to Target before work tomorrow to get stuff for my upcoming vacay.

And also, to get back on topic, that had to've been very satisfying. Good on you for not putting up with him being rude and talking about you while you're in earshot.
                "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

I prefer to get my cheap slacks at Goodwill. Then I've got well-made merchandise that's only so cheap because it outlasted the attention span of its previous wearers.
                  You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

I just love thrift shops.

Nothing beats getting a brand new pair of jeans, with the tags still attached, for less than $5.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

That guy was definitely a little annoying, and a little dumb, but I think you were a bit more rude with him than you needed to be. The cursing might've been a little over the top, don't you think? Just my opinion.
                      Maybe you should do your shopping elsewhere until the scars of working at Walmart have faded a bit. I think you may have post-traumatic stress disorder.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

You know you should have waited for the sc to bring a manager for the potential for increased fun at the sc expense.

Either the manager would have recognized you as just another customer and had to deal with the sc refusal of that fact which has even more potential for amusement or the manager would have beleived you were an employee and try to reprimand you.

That route would have allowed you to publicaly humilate the manager and the sc in front of a lot of witnesseses. Depending upon how creative you were you could have generated a lot amusement at the vast expanse of stupidity generated by the sc and manager.

Comment

Quoth infavorofnaturalselection View Post
                          Depending upon how creative you were you could have generated a lot amusement at the vast expanse of stupidity generated by the sc and manager.
                          Being a manager myself I'd actually feel kind of bad for a manager who had to deal with that situation. It's bad enough dealing with SC's complaints of, "Your employee was rude!" when
                          1- the person really IS an employee, and
                          2- you know perfectly good and well the employee wasn't rude.

As far as it goes I kind of feel like this guy really didn't warrent such a mean response:
                          Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                          I said..."um, I don't work here anymore. I quit". He said..."Really? Why is that?" I said.."Cause i got tired of stupid people asking me stupid questions!"
                          I make small talk with people everywhere I go. I hope no one ever treats me like this for inciting simple conversation.
                          "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                          HellGate: London

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                            Then he said...."Young lady, I don't appreciate you talking to me like that. I'm going to see your manager & have you fired".
                            So I said..."I TOLD YOU I DON'T WORK HERE ANYMORE YOU STUPID MAN!!!"
                            I'd have walked the douchebag over to the manager and said "Here he is. Go ahead and try and get me fired. I haven't had my daily ration of laughing at a complete and total waste of the gift known as a brain today."

M
                            I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                              I just love thrift shops.

Nothing beats getting a brand new pair of jeans, with the tags still attached, for less than $5.
                              I bought a floor lamp in a local thrift shop for $4.00, put a new electric cord on it and sold it on eBay for $103.00. Another great sale was an old Electrolux cannister vacuum. Paid $16.00, cleaned it up, replaced a bearing in the motor, sold it for $164.00 so I love thrift shops too.

I guess I should qualify my response about the clothes falling apart at Walmart. There are very few things I can buy at Walmart because they don't carry clothes made by the village tentmaker. The things I do buy at Walmart are usually national brand underclothing and an occasional Steeler shirt or swat. I have had 3 shirts that I bought at Walmart fall apart within a month. I have never had a problem like this when I pay normal (non-Walmart discounted) retail for the same items at Penneys or Sears.
                              This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Working...
                              X