This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Step away from the phone!

It was a pretty good day. Wasn't really feeling DT, was struttering like crazy but whatever. This woman comes in DT wondering how big the salads are. So I say come up to the window and I can show you. I have my window open she's there I'm about 20 seconds into upselling her to a large and I hear the dreaded BING! HFC! (Holy F$cking Crap) I knew this was going to be trouble. Tell the people at the speaker to wait. They wait a LOOONNGGG time and this woman is still asking me stupid questions so I can't take the speakers order. Finially I tell the people at the speaker to move up in the 3 seconds she takes to breath and theres ANOTHER car at the speaker! So I'm taking her order at the window, got one car in limbo and another car waiting at the speaker.
    Tell speaker car to wait and get back to the woman-who-shall-remain-nameless because of all the roits that will insue when uttered. Anyways, her phone rang. And yes, you guessed it. She answered it. She didn't just answer it. She looked at me, then the phone, then me again and then the phone. She didn't even look apoligetic. Since she answered the phone I shut my window and got the speaker done. By the time that she had finished ordering, her oder was ready. All that was missing was a big crunch combo, she couldn't decide if she wanted. Got the limbo car out within two mins, which is pretty good for Bigger and Better Meal and the other car was no problem. We actually set down early because we had three cars in the last few hours.
    Last edited by FemmeAnime; 05-07-2007, 11:42 AM.
    V-Con 2009 and Anime Evolution 2010

I've been that person. If I see that there's a potential problem because I'm not sure what I want or have questions, I will apologize and let the DT person know I've decided to come inside. No reason for holding up the entire line. And when I am in a DT or in front of a register or being helped by an employee somewhere, I NEVER answer my phone. That's what voicemail is for.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I've been known to answer my phone when dealing with others, but I usually make the person calling wait while I do whatever I am doing, or have them call back.

I will never make someone wait on me 'cause I'm on the phone. Nothing I am working on has ever been that important.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
      X