This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rest in Peace, Donna Summer . . .

A big part of my childhood died this morning. I grew up listening to her music and IMO nobody could top her.

The person I'm talking about is Donna Summer, who was known back in the 70's as the Queen of Disco.

Last edited by Dave1982; 05-17-2012, 08:09 PM. Reason: Broken link
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

I hadn't heard, I am slow online today.

Heavy bummer. Another one for the American Bandstand in the sky ...
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Oh no. I hadn't heard either, I loved listening to her as well.

Comment

Seems like lately, a lot of music legends are passing away.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
          Seems like lately, a lot of music legends are passing away.
          This year we've already had Whitney Houston, as well as Donald "Duck" Dunn (of Booker T & the MG's and the Blues Brothers Band.) Levon Helm passed barely a month ago as well.

Others who have passed on so far also include: Etta James, Charles Pitts, Davey Jones and Earl Scruggs.

Just this morning, before I heard about Donna's passing, Doug Dillard (of the bluegrass group "The Dillards" who portrayed the Darling brothers on the Andy Griffith Show) passed away as well.

It's been a bad year so far . . . so many leaving.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I'm going to date myself big time, but my first 8 track was her's. Love it. love her and she will be missed.
            Is it really SO hard to listen to the prompts?

Comment

Quoth ohsobitter View Post
              I'm going to date myself big time, but my first 8 track was her's. Love it. love her and she will be missed.
              My first vinyl album was On The Radio - Greatest Hits Vols. 1 & 2, which my Mom bought me for my birthday.

She may have taken a break at times from music, but some of us fans listened to it for years and still do.

Comment

RIP Donna Summer...died today at 63

I didn't even know she had lung cancer Apparently she wasn't making it very well known. I loved her disco songs in the late 70s and she had a few hits in the next few decades too. I thought she was classy, beautiful and very talented.

Rest in peace, Donna.
                "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

(Thanks to the mods for adding my post to this thread, I hadn't seen it earlier...ooops )

So many more people could be added to this song at this point... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSi6WigyUxU
                  "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Message to St. Peter: She worked hard for the money, so you'd better treat her right.
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                    X