This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn June Bugs

It's that time of year again. And, my last week here, looks to be like I won't be doing much night time cleaning or dumpster runs.

My neighbors refuse to turn their porch lights off at night, so that attracts the stupid bastards to our porches. They dive bomb at anything that moves after dark.

I don't really know what to do other than go outside real quick and just spray bug spray against the lights or anywhere else they are flying at.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

June bugs....

HATE THEM. HATE THEM ALL. KILL THEM WITH FIRE!
    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

I DO TOO!

Those fuckers have stealth bombed me when I've pulled into my spot, coming home with the windows down.

Those things hurt. And are gross.

Can't even go out for a smoke because everyone's lights are on, so those things are dive-bombing and whacking this side of the building from dusk till dawn.

Comment

There was one thwacking against my screen earlier. They're so clumsy, but at least they're easy to catch and put outside if they get in.
        "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

I can't believe anything on earth is that stupid it constantly thwaps against the same thing over and over. Doesn't that hurt?

They are really interfering with my packing/moving. See, I'm not going to the dumpster or my car. Both hands would be busy holding stuff, and if I go anywhere near a light, there's certainly going to be one or two or ten.

Comment

Get guinea fowl, they think they are better than candy We haven't had problems with june bugs or lady bugs since starting to keep the guineas. We originally got them to eat the ticks, and they work like a charm for them as well
            Last edited by AccountingDrone; 05-19-2012, 06:06 AM. Reason: can't spell for beans
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Ok..here is the tactical way of getting rid of the bugs. First there is an Off that comes as a clip on, not a spray..get that. Second, those bug zapping lights. I'm the type of person that mosquitoes will swerve around a dozen other people to get to..so me and bugs are not on friendly terms.
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

The mosquitos must sense the sugar in your system.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Probably. They know I am sweet.
                  Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

these bug bombers are my nightly exisitance udring the warm months. yes I am GLAD that sometimes people DO INDEED put on their porchlight but then it attracts every single insect within blocks. and that does not include the monster movie sized spiders that just LOVE dinner coming right to them.
                    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
                    X