This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth fireheart View Post
    They don't even use the "Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms" at this school.

I haven't noticed the respect for the kids drop one iota though around the teacher, although it could be because they stay with the same teacher from Class 1 to Class 7.
    <snippity snip>

On top of that, the school allows for a lot more risk-taking, so kids can climb trees and run around in the bushes
    I really like these aspects of the Waldorf method. I know I'm biased, but my kids don't use the standard titles with our friends and various aquaintances but still seem to be much more polite/respectful than their peers. I love that the kids have the opportunity to climb trees and engage in (mild) risktaking situations, they seem to help children to be a little more independant and confident.
    Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

OK, looks like a few changes have become necessary:

Due to the fact that the Class 3 teacher is going to be a daddy, I have been re-assigned. This time I am in Class 6, which is the Steiner version of Year 7's. This is a little bit nerve-wracking because I have an older class.

That sort of throws my ENTIRE plan off-whack, although I can work on teaching them some bush dances and folk dances at least, since their "Theme" is Australian History.
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

... since their "Theme" is Australian History.
        Teach 'em the Terry Pratchett version.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
          Teach 'em the Terry Pratchett version.
          que?

Comment

que?
            Hie thee to a nunnery library, wench!

Don't know if you should challenge the kiddies to find Didjabringabeeralong, though.
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

har de har har.

I honestly have no idea if the kids will end up learning the full versions of "Click Go The Shears" or "Waltzing Matilda". While the school is fairly open (the class I was with the other day were looking at Exodus from the Bible, where the firstborns were killed), I somehow doubt that they'll do the "correct" verses from the aforementioned songs. Click Go The Shears has a line about the shearer smelling like a "whore" , while the last few verses of Waltzing Matilda involve the swagman killing himself .

Comment

Squee, I start placement on Tuesday!

When my placement is over, I will post up a journal of my times there, albeit with all identifying details removed. Students will be referred to by the item of clothing they were wearing when I finally learned their names, or by some other detail

Comment

Working...
                X