This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tattoo concealers

Has anyone ever tried one of these products? There are so many, but with most of them being expensive, I'd rather see if I can get feedback from real people and not just 'glowing reviews' printed on the product's website. I just need one good enough to last through a sweaty day outside; I have a medium size tat on my calf that I'd rather keep hidden from a particular person, but as I live in Florida, wearing long pants all summer isn't a pleasant option.
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

A lot of people around here rave about "Wrecking Balm", apparently some kind of balm you constantly apply to a tattoo to fade it.

I myself, just pretend the two on my back don't exist. When I have more money, I'll get the one colored over into something else. Or lasered off.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Oh, I don't want to fade it. I just don't want my Dad to see it. I'm kind of living in his and Mom's house for free and he's been really weird (ie, religious fundie crazy) lately and if he sees that he might just flip his shit and kick me out, which I can't afford right now. I get this feeling because around Christmas, I was wearing an AC/DC t-shirt and he thought I was on a dark, dark path

Comment

Other than wearing pants, I'm not sure what you can do

I tried to hide two tattoos from my parents. And then I forgot one day, when we went to the beach.....I have two on the front of my shoulders. That I can't hide with sleeveless shirts, unless I'd be able to tape down a bra strap to keep them right on top of them.

My parents are pretty big fuddie duddies about tats and piercings and the like (though my mom did once say she thought my belly ring was "cute"), and when they saw my tats I'd been trying to hide, she said "Those are....interesting."
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Mom doesn't care. She always said "It might not be my cup of tea, but after you're 18, as long as you pay for it, you can pierce or tattoo whatever you want." She's really cool, as long as I don't come home drunk or in the middle of the night, not much bothers her. Although she was really shocked that I spent the night with two male friends in a hotel room and 'no one tried anything'. "So . . . you stole Biscuit's bed for the night?" " . . . No, he was in the bed with me."

" That's . . . oy. That's just so WEIRD. Maybe because when I was your age, if you were in bed with the opposite sex, there was babymakin' going on."

"Really, everyone kept their clothes on. And his brother was in the bed next to us. No one was going to try anything with him RIGHT there, gross."

I'm honestly not for sure how Dad would react to the tattoo (it's just a cute little sheep), but it's a conversation I don't want to have right now, lol. I just literally sweated it out yesterday and mowed the yard in khaki cargo pants, it wasn't too bad.

Comment

I know some actors that do it with regular stage makeup and an Aquanet spray on top and it lasts under the hot lights of the stage. Here is a video of a demo:
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1Qr4S8kO70

It takes a ton of time (in my opinion) to do it that way plus you walk around reeking of Aquanet*. Long skirts are "in" around here that would be an option maybe?

*not that there is anything wrong with that - it is how I spent the early '80s afterall.

Comment

I don't think a long skirt would be a very good option for mowing the lawn and jogging

Comment

I haven't tried it on a tattoo yet, but Dermablend will hold up under studio lights without air conditioning on a hot day. And it will cover scars, moles and freckles - I can't see why it wouldn't cover a tattoo.

Maybe find a place with a sampler, put a bit of sampler over a section of the tattoo, and see how well it holds up? If it works, buy a small jar or tube of it.

Lawnmowing, even in the heat I go for long work pants and work boots. Stuff that lawnmowers kick up is small missiles. I just take a shower afterwards, shove old socks laden with carb soda into the work boots and put the rest in the laundry basket.
                Seshat's self-help guide:
                1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Most of the lawn debris ends up heading right for my face, unfortunately it misses my eyes and ears because of sunglasses and earbuds, but still, owie.

Comment

Quoth ShinyGreenApple View Post
                    Most of the lawn debris ends up heading right for my face, unfortunately it misses my eyes and ears because of sunglasses and earbuds, but still, owie.
                    Yes, it does. I had to wear a kerchief tied over nose and mouth to keep from breathing that junk in.

Mind you, this was back in Phoenix, where you had to mow your lawn at 6:00 AM to keep from ending up in the ER due to heatstroke and everything was tinder-dry and dust and pebbles were everywhere. So yeah, YMMV.
                    Last edited by XCashier; 05-14-2012, 06:59 PM.
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

If you have access to a Sephora store, Kat Von D has a tattoo concealer which I really like......I don't have tattoos yet myself myself, but I've used it to cover up problem areas on my face, and it's one of the few products which works for me.

Comment

Dermablend is amazing I have a birthmark that looks like a hicky. I use it to cover when going on interviews or meeting new people.

Comment

There is absolutely no reason why you cannot wear long pants in Florida at this time of year. I lived there 15+ years and never wore shorts unless I was at the beach. I have really skinny/scarred legs and didn't want to show them in public. If anyone ever asked (including your dad) just say "my legs aren't pretty and I'd rather not have them uncovered". How is he going to argue with that?

Comment

Working...
                          X