This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I met my daughter in a dream last night

I don't know how many people on this site know, when I was a young child I almost died. I spent 6 months in the hospital with only a small chance to survive but survive I did. It left me with PTSD and medical issues and so as I got older each birthday was not so much a celebration of being born, but more so that I had made it through another year.

I never wanted kids, I didn't ever want them to go through my medical stuff and an offshoot of my PTSD is the inability to see myself alive at a future date. So all my life I have never believed I would life to 10, 15, 18,20,25 etc. Now I am closing in on 30 and I still can't fathom living this long.
    So I pretty much resigned myself to being child free and got on with my life.

Last night I met my daughter, my future daughter, she was 4. It was amazing. She had long brown curly hair and my green eyes and she just looked at me and then called out for me to come closer. I never really even wanted kids but it was odd, I just knew who she was, she didn't even have to say anything I saw her and I knew.

I woke up shaking but not freaked out at all, just at peace. It was the first time in my life, I felt a future that wasn't death. I admit it, I cried because I was so happy to met her. It was awesome.
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

How wonderful! That must be so exciting.

My husband dreamed about our son before he was born; a little boy with my eyes and curly hair. And guess what- Khan looks exactly like he described!
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

I've had a couple of dreams like that myself, maybe child dreams are visions of future possibilities?
      ......../\
      ....../__\
      ..../\...../\
      ../__\../__\

Comment

That is awesome! I've always been envious of people who have those types of dreams. If it's what you want, I truly hope it happens for you.

Side note, my mom dreamt of me having a baby with one of my best male friends (who I happen to have a major crush on, but who is currently dating someone else...although he apparently has/had feelings for me). Huh. Kind of worried now.

Comment

That sounds like a powerful experience. I've never felt a desire for children. The few times I've dreamed I was pregnant, it was more anxiety provoking than anything. I've had people I know have pregnancy dreams around the time they were about to open a show, or have some big project come to fruition, so sometimes it has a more symbolic, creative meaning.
          "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
            My husband dreamed about our son before he was born; a little boy with my eyes and curly hair. And guess what- Khan looks exactly like he described!
            I dreamed of my son before he was even conceived. Apart from the hair color (dream son was blond, real son brunet), he looked exactly like my real son ended up looking!
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
            X