This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cougar in back yard

This cougar was in the back yard just 3 houses down from where my Brother & his family live. He and his fiance are admittedly a bit spooked as they have 6 kids, 4 of them under the age of 10 who playoutside all the time. It had caught one of the tens of thousands of deer that seem to inhabit our city.

The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Wow! When we first moved in here we were told that some neighbors had seen a cougar prowling around our block. We've never seen it (thank goodness) seeing in the wild is one thing, but in your back yard?!

Comment

I was expecting a woman in her 40's in a two-piece bathing suit.

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
        I was expecting a woman in her 40's in a two-piece bathing suit.
        <ba dum TISH!!>

But anyway, that's really cool! And scary for somebody with kids. Hopefully the deer will satisfy their hunting needs.
        "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

We had one who lived in the neighborhood. She was in our yard 2 separate times. My mom called the sheriff on her.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

You know, if I were to look in our backyard and see a big cat like that prowling around, that'd be a definite "pucker" moment.

Bigods, I just realized. It was looking for Seraph, Enemy of Nature, but got the wrong address. D:
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I don't think I'll get used to seeing deer that small. The ones in the territory where I live you could ride.

You wouldn't last long, but you could. :P
              I AM the evil bastard!
              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Well that was neigborly. I wish I could get my friends to bring me venison.

Comment

Oh shit! Looks like the deer got ripped up a bit by the cougar!
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
                    Oh shit! Looks like the deer got ripped up a bit by the cougar!
                    Well, large cats don't have oposeable thumbs making a knife and fork difficult
                    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

That is cool.
                      Quote Dalesys:
                      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Working...
                      X