This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with History! /bambi eyes/

Trying to recall this story, and I cannot remember when/who it's about for the life of me.

What I can remember is that it was during a revolution of some sort, and a woman escaping with her children was being pursued. She managed to get into a church, I think, for sanctuary, but the mob had caught her kids, and threatened to kill them if she didn't surrender.

Now, if I recall this next bit right as well, she then proceeds to flip up her dress and say something to the sort of "Go right ahead, I have the tools to produce more!" Her kids were killed, but she lived and proceeded to have like eight more.

Anyone remember this, know what I'm talking about, or am I just insane? ><
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Sounds vaguely medieval! It doesn't ring any bells with me for European history, I'm afraid.
    I speak English, L33t, Sarcasm and basic Idiot.

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
      Trying to recall this story, and I cannot remember when/who it's about for the life of me.

What I can remember is that it was during a revolution of some sort, and a woman escaping with her children was being pursued. She managed to get into a church, I think, for sanctuary, but the mob had caught her kids, and threatened to kill them if she didn't surrender.

Now, if I recall this next bit right as well, she then proceeds to flip up her dress and say something to the sort of "Go right ahead, I have the tools to produce more!" Her kids were killed, but she lived and proceeded to have like eight more.

Anyone remember this, know what I'm talking about, or am I just insane? ><
      Caterina Sforza. The Orsi brothers caught her children and threatened to kill them, and she flashed them from the battlements of the fortress and said something along those lines.

This moment was captured in "Assassins' Creed II" in one of the DLCs.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
        Caterina Sforza. The Orsi brothers caught her children and threatened to kill them, and she flashed them from the battlements of the fortress and said something along those lines.

Yeah, that's her alright. They didn't end up killing the kids though. If you read up on her, she was quite the hell-raiser, including trying to kill the sitting Pope with biological warfare--after helping hold some of the papal estates during an uprising years earlier.

One of the most interesting women in history, IMHO.
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

She certainly was an interesting woman.

If she had been born in a time when women held power more openly (man, she managed to hold a lot of power for the time she was in), she'd be running a country, somewhere.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post

I love you. Thank you SO much.

And hahaha, I haven't gotten around to playing that yet, betcha my eyes would've popped out of my head.

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
              I love you. Thank you SO much.

And hahaha, I haven't gotten around to playing that yet, betcha my eyes would've popped out of my head.
              No worries. Glad I could help.

I love the Assassins' Creed series. It helps that they keep improving on the controls and whatnot with each game. I thought Revelations was a bit... off, since they changed up some of the controls, but I adjusted to that. But the complete departure of all of those characters that I'd gotten to know via Ezio in AC2 and Brotherhood... kinda brought it down.

Looking forward to AC3, though.
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Yes but, you honestly have no idea how long this has bothered me for. At the very least, three years, I actually have occasionally posted about it on Y! questions, but its been deleted for "vulgar content" every time, LOL. Now I can be like I WAS RIGHT, YOU IDIOTS.

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                  but its been deleted for "vulgar content" every time
                  And yet when I told people posting on there to do their own homework, I got dinged.

Comment

Oh, she had guts. Some historians believe that she was pregnant at the time, and flaunting it. And she was fighting the Borgias. You didn't mess with them; the Pope was a Borgia, and his son Cesare was an even nastier piece of work than his father.

Comment

Working...
                    X