X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petty Peter's Parking Pettiness

New Year's Eve.
    Shift's been chill, last guest checked in an hour ago. Full house.

Background.
    We have onsite parking in front of the rooms but the spaces are not designated to the rooms so anyone can park anywhere. We're a two story motel as well so it's first come first served. During the busy periods the spaces in front of the rooms fill up quickly so we usually direct the guests to the carpark near the pool.

Anyway. I'm just doing some checks in the office and a guest comes up. He's staying in a room at the back corner of the motel and parked in the space that is in front of the room directly below him. The guy, i'll call him Petty Peter, went out and came back and got grouchy so he parked his car in front of the other guy's care blocking it in.

They got into an argument and Petty Peter refused to move unless he got the spot back. The other guy asked me for help so I had to tell Petty Peter to move his car since the other guy wasn't doing anything wrong. It's New Year's Eve, it's busy and anyone can park in any space on our property.

I managed to get Petty Peter to move but only after he complained that he had the spot for 2 days already (this was their third night). He moved his car to the back and complained that he would have to lug his bags to and from. He then came back and complained that he would never stay at our place again because the kettle broke earlier (not our fault) and the fridge was a bit frosted (you could have asked nicely).

Took all my willpower to not squeeze out a sarcastic, 'We'll miss you so much'.

I told the other guy to move his car to another space in the morning since a lot of people would be checking out New Year's Day. They were very chill, even more so since they had toddlers with them.

I hate defusing petty arguments because it usually involves having to hold back the snark about how these idiots keep making mountains out of molehills. Seriously dude, you are a 50 year old man throwing a hissy fit over a parking space. I thought you of all people could suck it up for one night and be the better person. But no, you decide to be a little petty bitch and throw a tantrum because you're a big baby who's not getting their bottle.

P.S. Happy New Year and 2020. Let's all hope we can keep our sanity for another 10 years.

Quoth PoliteBoy View Post
    P.S. Happy New Year and 2020. Let's all hope we can keep our sanity for another 10 years.
    I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane

I can't stand it, this is driving me sane.
    Seph
    Taur10
    "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Sounds like Petty Peter has a Puny Pecker.
      My son thinks I'm Lucifer Morningstar. I'm not sure he's wrong.

Comment

Sanity...? Nope, nope, I'm afraid we're all fresh out, here.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth YamiNoHime View Post
          Sounds like Petty Peter has a Puny Pecker.
          Petty Peter's a parking pecker.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
          X