This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incident between boyfriend and an university employee

This particular incident happened in 2012 before my boyfriend proposed to me.

He was working for a parking company as a contract visitor parking attendant at a university. He worked for a parking company which had a contract with the university. He reported to a supervisor who worked for the parking company as well as to the university parking office supervisor.

He was waiting in-line at the Subway at the university food court. He was not wearing his work uniform. A young female college student saw him and said "see you later." He replied "ok". This particular college student would park in visitor parking, and she would wave goodbye when she exited during his shift. A university employee overheard their conversation and asked him the following.
    • Are you a student? his reply was "no".
    • So why are you here? His reply was "I am getting something to eat before going to work".
    • You work here? reply was "yes".
    • Where do you work? "for the parking office".
    • Who is your supervisor? "her name is *parking office supervisor name*".

He gets a phone call from the parking office. He goes down there, and the university employee who asked him all of those questions was there. She asked the parking office supervisor if he did, indeed, work for the parking office. The parking office supervisor said "yes, he is one of my employees". The university employee said "he is"? The parking office supervisor said "yes, he is a contract employee". My boyfriend pulled out his work uniform which was in his backpack and showed it to the university employee. She said "oops... my bad" and left.

A couple of minutes later he gets a phone call from the parking company supervisor asking him why he had not yet clocked in. He explained why. He was told to always wear his company uniform shirt to work, even if he is early.

A couple of days later he received an e-mail at his work e-mail address through the university from the parking office supervisor letting him know that 1) the direct supervisor of the university employee was contacted, and 2) the university employee was reprimanded for what she did.

And to think, the university employee could have been DOING THEIR JOB all that time... instead of playing amateur P.I..... when it isn't even needed.
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

I can't, for the life of me, figure out what her problem was with him. Are people who don't go to or work for the school not allowed to eat there or something?
      Tenth Doctor: "I'm so old now. I used to have so much mercy. You get one warning. That was it."

My AO3

Comment

Check the local and/or university papers, maybe speak to security to see if there have been any problems with non-students harassing students on campus

Comment

I'm confused. A girl says "See you later" to a guy. Why wouldn't someone overhearing that just think maybe it's her boyfriend or platonic friend? Why assume anything, really??
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Ryuugan80 View Post
            I can't, for the life of me, figure out what her problem was with him. Are people who don't go to or work for the school not allowed to eat there or something?
            My campus has had a serious problem with non-students hanging out on campus. Many are gang members selling drugs to students. Since many of our students are low socio-economic background, it's hard to tell the genuine students from the bad guys just by looking.

Tightening up the dress code didn't help much. So now students are supposed to wear their student IDs on their clothing to show they are in fact students. It also helped that administration finally took the kid gloves off and allowed campus police to chase the dealers off.

When we went tobacco free, we were instructed to confront anyone we found smoking on campus.

Different campuses have different rules. I do agree this employee went too far. The guy's answers were plausible and he was just buying food, so I would not have taken it further.

Actually, given the circumstances, I would not even have asked the questions.
            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
            X