Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeez, didn't realize MtG cards had hit that high. I was into it for a while, have a couple linear feet of cards left. I should see if anything's worth much, pretty sure all I have is Revised edition and some of the expansions that were out around that time.

Lol, just scanned a little bit of the buy list at star city. Kinda funny to me how valuable some of the cards are. Looked for a couple cards I know I have in the revised edition, namely Shivan dragon and some of the lands. Got a chuckle, the Shivan is only worth a quarter now. Sold one for $20 back in the mid 90's. Then theres the rare lands, didn't realize those were worth so much now. I guess I'll have to pull my card storage and make a list.
    Last edited by BearLeeBadenaugh; 08-03-2014, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Quoth Catwoman2965 View Post
      Beanie babies. I never quite understood that one either. I have a family member, who is in her 50's who has several tubs of them. "Because they're an investment" um no, sorry, they are not.
      So many people have no idea how the collectibles market works. They buy tons of useless crap because the commercials say "they're collectible", or they pay ridiculous prices for "collectible" coins on QVC that they could buy at their local coin store for probably less than half of QVC's price.

If they would only do the research, but no, so many folks want to get rich quick, and think that selling "collectibles" is the way to do it. While you can make a decent living selling real collectibles if you know what you are doing, you will not get rich quick.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I worked in a Toys R Us when Tickle Me Elmo and Furby came out. I hated my life then.

We had collectors hang around on truck days to sort through the boxes of Star Wars figures and Hot Wheels as soon as they hit the shelves, and they drove me just as nuts as the people who'd try to buy 40 cases of Similac at a time. Nooo, not suspicious at all.

Comment

I have a nice little collection of Breyer Horses. But I take them out of the box and give them nose-kisses. I just buy the ones that appeal to me. I'm not expecting to retire from selling them.
          https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Same here, me and comic books. Over the past 30+ years, I've probably spent around $20,000 on comics. Do I expect to ever get that money back? Or more? Hell no, I buy them to read them.
            Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
            OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
            she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
            Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
              Same here, me and comic books. Over the past 30+ years, I've probably spent around $20,000 on comics. Do I expect to ever get that money back? Or more? Hell no, I buy them to read them.
              When I was young I did the same thing. My neighbor was just aghast that I was buying comic books and READING them instead of wrapping them up in air tight plastic to just sit in a closet

Comment

Well... I do have a few that I keep safe. First issue (and all alt covers) of McFarlane's Spider-Man, a handful of autographed comics, some Silver Age comics... but most of them are beat to death. There's a few I've bought multiple times because I literally read them to pieces.
                Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Dunno why, but whenever I hear about collectible comics, my mind always goes to this image

Violets are blue,
                  Roses are red,
                  I bequeath to thee...
                  A boot to the head >_>

Comment

Working...
                  X