This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucky situation at the diner

This story is part Sighting, part Morons in Management.

Evil Empryss, the Evil Princess (her daughter/my niece), and I went to a favorite diner last night for dinner. The place is always packed, especially during lunch and dinner. The food is reasonably priced, and very good. I love their pork chops and strawberry pie.

So, it's packed when we get there, but we didn't have to wait too long to be seated. Our waitress was working her butt off, but she did make a point of touching base quickly and explaining she'd be right back. Our orders were taken in a reasonable amount of time, so we just focused on our dinner conversation.

Behind us was the Sucky Customer, Sour Bitch. Sour Bitch complained about everything. What really stood out was her bitching about silverware. She joined her companions late, so she didn't get any at first. Then she gets nasty when she's served her salad and has no knife and fork. The waitress and apologizes and gets it, but Sour Bitch then has to complain to the manager. She gives him a really hard time every time he wanders by.

I think she was trying to get her meal comped.

Anyway, the manager got really stressed by everything that was going on in the dining room. There were other complaints I guess. I don't get what the big deal was; this place is always packed, the service was actually just fine, the food good . . . what are you people bitching about?

We made the mistake of not asking our waitress to split our tab; she did offer and we declined . . . then realized we did need it split. We hadn't thought it through. That was sucky on our part, because it created complications at the register. Then EE almost forgot to tip (she paid cash), and needed to break a five. The register got screwed up, and the cashier needed help from the manager to get my tab straightened out. The manager got very annoyed by this, and said he'd talk to the waitress. We explained it wasn't her fault it was ours and we were very happy with the service and the food. But he was very stressed and couldn't let it go. I felt very bad for the waitress; I'm sure she got her butt chewed after we left. We tipped her very well . . . she actually was a good server.

Because the place is small and croweded, EE and the Evil Princess left for the car while I paid my tab. After I paid, I passed by Sour Bitch in the parking lot. She was still bitching about the service.

I don't think she got comped
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
    Because the place is small and croweded, EE and the Evil Princess left for the car while I paid my tab. After I paid, I passed by Sour Bitch in the parking lot. She was still bitching about the service.

I don't think she got comped

You have stronger willpower than me... I couldn't have resisted saying something.

"Boo hoo - you didn't get a free meal, Captain Complainy of Complaintville."

Comment

I like that.

I just realized I forgot part of the story . . . again!

When the manager was trying to fix my tab, he was having problems with the register and getting the ticket to come back up. He wanted to guesstimate the tab (and the amount was what I had figured) and have me pay cash. I was OK with that, but the problem was I didn't have enough cash to do that and have enough for the tip.

The cashier said, "I have some money in my purse, I'll pay her the tip."

Me: Oh, nononnonononono! I can't let you do that."

Manager finally figured it out and got the tab straight so I could pay and leave. It was nice of the cashier, but I couldn't let her pay my tip.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
        We made the mistake of not asking our waitress to split our tab; she did offer and we declined . . . then realized we did need it split.

The manager got very annoyed by this, and said he'd talk to the waitress. We explained it wasn't her fault it was ours and we were very happy with the service and the food. But he was very stressed and couldn't let it go.
        Wait. What the hell? It wasn't in any way her fault and you told him that and he was still going to chew her out for it? That's just stupid.
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I tried to tell him that she had offered to split the ticket for us, but I declined. Now that I see what kind of hold up it causes at the register when the cashier has to do it, I'll have the waitress split it for us.
          Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Working...
          X