Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today our guest server is the woolly-brained sloth...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today our guest server is the woolly-brained sloth...

Seen in one of our local charity shops.
    Cast:
    Me.
    Other Customer:nice little old lady waiting with me just to be served before the Day of Judgment
    Server Girl: glorified zombie by the looks of it.

At the till.No-one else is around except little old lady and girl both checking items on shelf:

Ask little old lady if she knows who's serving-no.
    Ask girl if she knows who's serving.
    Lights flicker,wheel starts turning.
    SG returns to the counter and sits down on the stool.

OC:I'd just like this book thanks
    SG:Oh,ok.Let me put this back *goes to put clothes back on hanger
    *time passes*
    OC:Hi,I'm waiting to be served here.
    SG:Oh,I wondered what I was doing standing here with this in my hand.
    *returns with clothes*
    OC:Heavy night?
    SG:Yeah,I was out all night-all I want to do is sleep.Can't wait till 4 to get off.
    OC:Well,that's not long-you can sleep then-have an early night.
    SG:Oh no,I'll be out again tonight.
    OC:Er,the book...
    SG:Oh yes... *checks book.*--well this says £3.99 but that's not one of our labels.
    OC:Well,how much is it then?
    SG:No idea,because it's not our label.And that's more than we price them at. I'll check...*wanders over to book tower...* No idea,there's other books with those stickers on-they must have forgotten to take them off before they come out-and they're all different prices-this one's £1... I'll charge you that
    OC-happy with their bargain finishes and leaves
    SG:I'll be with you in a minute *picks up clothes to put on hanger and some other widjitti,puts clothes on hanger and returns*
    Me:Hi,just like to pay for this
    SG:Hang on,I'll just put this back...*looks bemused*...where did I put it?
    Me:You just put it on the hanger-see
    SG:Oh yes...it was the widjitti I was going to put up....hang on,it's round here somewhere,then I'll be with you
    Me:It's in your hand
    SG:Oh yes...*wanders off to shelf,returns with widjitti still in hand*...can't find where it is...
    Me:OK,I'm not sure how much this it-this has another sticker on for £2.50 that hasn't been taken off...
    SG:No,that's right,£2.50
    Me:But it's not one of your stickers
    SG:Well,it looks like one of ours,so I'll charge you that.Do you want it in a bag?
    Me:No,that's fine thanks,it can go in mine...
    SG:*puts in money*...OK there you go...where is it?Did I give it to you?
    Me:No,it's sitting on the table..
    SG:I can't see it.
    Me:In the bag you just put it in...
    SG finishes and goes over to the shelf...looking for widjitti she can't find that is still sitting on the stool at the counter...

And exit,wondering if anyone would notice if I beat some sense into her with my tasty ham baguette and then ate the evidence.
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Sounds like she needs to scale back her social life a little bit and get a good nights sleep every now and then.

Comment

Ok, I'm sometimes a bit absent-minded, and sometimes easily distracted, but just wow.
      You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Am I the only one wondering how much money that shop is losing due to unscrupulous customers taking advantage of her being so zoned-out?
        Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

OK, I did better than that at work the time I was up 41 hours straight due to cat problems and other stuff. And I had to work on deadline. Yikes.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I had this one cashier that was too busy yakking with her friends to do her job properly. It took forever to scan everything, because it was basically "Blah blah blah" (scan an item) "Blah blah blah" scan another item, and so on. And on top of that, she forgot to scan the coupons of the customer in front of me. The customer paid and left, not noticing that the cashier didn't do the coupons.

When it was my turn, the cashier then noticed the stack of coupons and asked if they were mine. I told her they weren't, and she just shrugged her shoulders and put them aside. Then she went back to chatting with her friends and very slowly scanning my items. Since I knew she had forgotten the last customer's coupons, I made sure to pay attention. I was right to do so, because she forgot about them until I mentioned it. I was trying to keep my cool, but I have to say I was getting pretty annoyed at this point.

I probably should have said something to a manager, but at that point, I just wanted to get the hell out of there. Then again, someone else probably did. I don't remember seeing there again after that.
            Sometimes life is altered.
            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
            Uneasy with confrontation.
            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth Brojekk View Post
              Sounds like she needs to scale back her social life a little bit and get a good nights sleep every now and then.
              Pretty much what I was thinking. She needs to start behaving like an adult and learn personal responsibility.

IE, learning to make the correct choices. You want to function at work during the day? Then don't go out partying all night and you shoudn't feel like crap the next day.

Now if you're not working the next day, then by all means go forth and have a good time.

And on that note, I'll get ready for my shower and bed soon b/c I have to be up at 5am to be ready to be at work by 7. Which means I can't stay up all night on the computer either hanging out here or working on a story.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Personal opinion: it wasn't just lack of sleep. Girl sounds totally stoned.
                I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Jesus, she DID have a good night last night, didn't she? O__0

I'm scatter-brained but when I'm hungover I go the total opposite way for some reason.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                    And exit,wondering if anyone would notice if I beat some sense into her with my tasty ham baguette and then ate the evidence.
                    Anyone else remember this episode of "Tales of the Unexpected"?
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                      Is it sad I knew what it was before I clicked the link?
                      Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                        In the 1994 movie Serial Mom, one character murders another with a leg of lamb, then feeds the leg of lamb to a large dog.
                        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                        X