This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A co-worker of my husband was written up & suspended for one day

My husband works as a porter at a hospital. His employer, a parking company, has a contract with the hospital. The hospital also has valet parking, which is staffed by my husband's employer. Security at the hospital runs the valet section.

One of the valet staff was written up and suspended for one day due to this...

The valet staff member was walking through one of the hospital entrance doors. The customer behind this staff member was a customer who chose to have their car valet parked, and this particular staff member parked their car. The valet staff member did not know that this particular customer was behind them. The valet staff member accidentally hit the customer while walking through the door.

The customer complained to Security. Security told the parking company on-site manager what happened. According to company policy, the valet staff member had to be written up and suspended for one day due to the incident and due to the complaint that the customer made.

Oh for goodness sake. Shame on that customer! Did she think that the valet had eyes in the back of his fucking head? I hope he doesn't get fired. That customer can rot in hell if he does.

Comment

Sounds like the valet company had to do this because of the contract with the hospital. If the hospital is dissatisfied with the number of complaints they get about the valet company, they can just find a different one.

Don't think that one complaint alone will get the guy fired, but he'll definitely be looked upon as a problem for a while.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Yeah, that's just wrong. And just because this guy is an employee, he gets in trouble for a simple accident.
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Working...
        X