This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can't even wait 30 seconds....

So I was just at the local grocery checking out on the SCO with two bags of groceries. It's one of those with the conveyor belt where you have to go to the end and bag it yourself. I was just done paying and hadn't even walked to the end to bag yet when some girl came up and started scanning. Let me add the register on the other side was open and free. I was tempted to take her iced tea and walk away, but I'm honest.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

People have no patience anymore. I can't tell you how many times a day as a cashier that I'm still waiting on customer #1 to pay or to hand them their receipt or to make sure they have all their bags, when customer #2 just HAS to interrupt me with their bag of dog food or a question or whatever. I hate that!
    Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter.

Comment

Quoth MelindaJoy77 View Post
      when customer #2 just HAS to interrupt me !
      When I'm custy #1, I make it a point to stop them and say "I'M not finished yet." Takes the heat off of the cashier. Side bonus of getting my transaction completed correctly is a bonus.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
        When I'm custy #1, I make it a point to stop them and say "I'M not finished yet." Takes the heat off of the cashier. Side bonus of getting my transaction completed correctly is a bonus.
        I've also said, "Oh, are you gonna pay for my shopping then?" to impatient customers who try and barge in before I'm done. Always makes them back off. XD
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

This always happens to me and my mum. Once, I was queuing up in a supermarket. My mum and I had put the stuff on the conveyor already (I was standing behind my mum), but there were still two customers in front of us. I couldn't move but this stupid woman behind me kept purposely shoving her handbag into my shoulder blades to try and nudge me forward, and I kept being pushed into my mum. I ended up just turning around and giving her 'the look'. She stopped after that.

Comment

Quoth Evannah View Post
            This always happens to me and my mum. Once, I was queuing up in a supermarket. My mum and I had put the stuff on the conveyor already (I was standing behind my mum), but there were still two customers in front of us. I couldn't move but this stupid woman behind me kept purposely shoving her handbag into my shoulder blades to try and nudge me forward, and I kept being pushed into my mum. I ended up just turning around and giving her 'the look'. She stopped after that.
            I used to have impatient idiots nudge me from behind with their shopping cart. Sometimes a dirty look would make them back off. If it didn't, a good, hard shove backwards with my butt usually worked.

People are so stupid. Where do they think the person standing in front of them is going to go?? You're not gonna get your stuff checked out any faster by pushing and shoving like a five-year-old.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

*Grabs handbag*

Alright, alright, if you want to give me your bag so badly, I'll take it.

*Grabs cart*

Nah I don't want these groceries. You can have them back. Oh wait, you have fig newtons? Thanks!
              Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth Evannah View Post
                Let me guess, it was little old lady? I get this all the time with them crowding me from behind.

Worst one was a couple months ago. She came up to my shoulder (I'm only 5'4"), with a big ol' purse on her shoulder. As she was crowding in behind me to get her stuff on the belt, she kept bumping me with her purse. Three days earlier, I had been in a hard, hard landing in a balloon. Hit hard, bounced, hit less hard, drug 50 feet. I got slammed into a propane tank on the second landing and had a huge, painful bruise to show for it. I had just started moving somewhat normally that morning what with sore muscles and all. As she put the last of her stuff on the belt, the corner of her purse banged right into the most painful part of it. Naturally, I jumped and yelped. And she got all offended and acted like I overreacted.
                It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                  ...her purse banged right into the most painful part of it. Naturally, I jumped and yelped. Then I hiked up my shirt to reveal a massive green-yellow bruise and screamed "Look what you did to me! Just LOOOoooooookkkkk!!!!!"*
                  Oh Pagan, how could you! Probably scared that lil' ol' lady into being polite for the rest of the week! For shame.

*Professional editing on closed forum. Do not attempt. For actual quotes and actions, always refer to original post. Do not drink and post. Do not drive and post. Do not post and post. Unless you're horseback riding.

Comment

I was at Target one day and these two teeny bopper teens were pretty much a backpack on me and I was entering my pin. I turned around and growled "you need to back up!!!" they looked shocked but got off my ass. I then asked the cashier how her day was going. Bet I looked like a loony but I have a bubble! wait your turn and stay out of my space!

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
                      I was at Target one day and these two teeny bopper teens were pretty much a backpack on me and I was entering my pin. I turned around and growled "you need to back up!!!" they looked shocked but got off my ass. I then asked the cashier how her day was going. Bet I looked like a loony but I have a bubble! wait your turn and stay out of my space!
                      I once had that at an ATM. This guy was standing really close to me, so I told him to back off. He didn't move, so I stepped backwards on to his foot with my high heel. That made him move.
                      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                      X