This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bye!

This morning my AC unit went out. Again just like last year. Anyway, I had been calling everybody and their brother to come fix it--guess what on those websites that say they are 24 emergency LIE! They are NOT open all the time. Of course this took place at 2am. But anyway onto my tale as to why I filled this out.

I keep getting emails about a home warranty and for only $41 a month and so I clicked for a quote. Oh why did I do that? I blame my house being 90 degrees and having 4 hours of sleep.

So after the AC was fixed $409! For the capacitor, labor, and the having to come over fee. *sigh*

Anyway, so after all that was said and done I was tired and grouchy. The warranty people called me and the guy was rude and pushy.

Me: Uh, I think I will hold off for a while I just spent a lot on getting my ac fixed.

RG: Rude guy: Well, just think If you had our warranty you wouldn't have to shell out that money again!

Me: well it's kind of late now... So I will have to think about it... Sorry.

I was tired as hell and didn't want to put up with those "but come on" tactics.

RG; Well, if you sign up today you will only pay $35 a month AND we cover other appliances as well!

He wasn't friendly it was like a bad car salesman. And I already politely declined.
    I almost just hung up but decided to go with this line:

Me: thanks but I will have to check with my husband.

RG: *cue him snickering in a condescending manner* Whatever, BYE!

Then he hung up on me before I could call him an asshole. Guess whose company will never see my money? Jerk. Why is it strange that I'd like to consult with my husband to make a decision about our money?

You expect courteous behavior from a company that advertises via spam? How adorable.

Seriously, glad your AC is fixed, sorry you had to deal with a jackass, and please get some sleep.
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

The capacitor (either motor start or motor run) is one of the "usual suspects" in an A/C failure. I've seen a few handyman magazine articles about how to replace the "easy to do" things - might want to check up on that for future problems. Would be a lot cheaper to buy the part than to get an emergency service call.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
        The capacitor (either motor start or motor run) is one of the "usual suspects" in an A/C failure.
        It went out in mine. I blame the capacitor plague.

Comment

"Whatever, BYE!"

How old was this guy, 12?

Comment

I actually had a customer back in my tech support days lose a computer motherboard to that plague. The capacitors actually ruptured. Not pretty...Then again, the boards were nearly a decade old, so they were about ready to get new comps anyway.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I think my laptop may have just died of that. O.o

After working fine on the Saturday at Housemate's mum's, we drove home and slept, but on Sunday morning it turned on, whirred and then errrr nope. No beep or anything. I thought it was the motherboard; our pet computer geek suggested capacitor as well...

I also also think my first laptop, a Dell, died of it in 2005...

It's okay. Current lapie had a good innings. I'm getting a new shiny with more than I wanted for less than I was expecting to pay. ^_^
              "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

They all hate the "consult with my husband" thing. They feel women are easier to intimidate, but husbands are more likely to say "fuck off."
                I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Quoth Captain Trips View Post
                  They all hate the "consult with my husband" thing. They feel women are easier to intimidate, but husbands are more likely to say "fuck off."
                  For some women, "I have to talk to my husband" means "I'm too polite to say 'fuck off'"
                  Smile, or I'll smack you silly!
                  At what age does a vampire become a crazy old bat? :[

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                    I actually had a customer back in my tech support days lose a computer motherboard to that plague. The capacitors actually ruptured. Not pretty...
                    Abit BH-6, was it?

Comment

Working...
                    X