Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You're trying to charge for a service? Get me a manager!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've actually told people "Well, I don't know, are you going to curse us out and not pay us next time, too?"

I didn't give a damn. We had profit sharing, you know? People like that cost the store, so screw 'em.

I'd get that a lot from park-and-dashes, too. I'd threaten to tow their car, they'd threaten to take their business elsewhere.

I would say "Sir, that's just it. We don't HAVE your business. If we did, I wouldn't be out here towing your car."

Stoopies.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
      I think the manager was just being smart.

This customer was not just looking for free delivery.

He was trying to force the manager to say something that he could take to head office and then demand all sorts of freebies. Think of what position the manager would be in if he stated he did not want someone's business? Guess how that will look on his company record.

This was an attempted con-job that failed because the manager stated he would follow company policy, imagine taking that as a complaint to head office, you may get something but the manger can't get a black mark that will stick because he follows policy.

*ding ding* Winner winner chicken dinner!

I think by the time he got manager #2 he realized he wasn't going to win that day and was trying his little black heart out until he baited someone into saying something he could complain to corporate about.

I get this a lot, people playing the old "just between me and you , you agree *policy or price SC is mad about * is wrong, don'tcha?" as if I don't know that won't be used against me at some point.

I'm all for trying to help people out and probably end up giving more freebies than most people I work with, but if you come at me with the "this is unreasonable that I have to do what everyone else does, I want special treatment", you get bopped with the Newspaper of Correction.
      "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

Working...
      X