Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is my son? (bit of strong language at the end)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth JustADude View Post

Emos are all about the Woe-Is-Me, tend to listen to whatever crap-ass stuff is being promoted this week, and get freaked out by something as mild as Jeepers Creepers. Their slavish devotion to 'nonconformity' is equaled only by their massive lack of fashion sense in their wardrobes, most of them trying to look thin and gaunt even if they're 5'4" and weigh as much as I do... and I'm an overweight 6'5".

Why yes, I am a Goth. Subspecies Techno-goth to be exact. How did you ever guess?
    They're kinda cute, though. Remind me of when I was 14 and trying too hard to be ooooky spoooky, angsty and interesting.

I am Goth, subspecies PerkyGoth, and living with a subspecies Cyber-goth. I must make pretentious greetings now.
    Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

Quoth ta2ooed1 View Post
      (sorry dude but from the description this guy sounds more like a goth than an emo, remember emo is fairly recent and this guy has a 21 yr old son).
      The 21 year old is the maybe-goth maybe-emo.

As for me: I'm not a goth, I'm just a geek with depression and a fascination with the morbid who likes interestingly cut clothing in blacks, charcoals and jewel tones.

Honest.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth stormtreader View Post
        Wellies = Galoshes in America maybe?
        Wellies is short for Wellington boots. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wellington_boot
        Galoshes are an overshoe.
        "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth Deanna Darkstone View Post
          My parents were leaving me home alone by the time I was in middle school!
          Same here.

Quoth Seshat View Post
          As for me: I'm not a goth, I'm just a geek with depression and a fascination with the morbid who likes interestingly cut clothing in blacks, charcoals and jewel tones.
          Are you me? Am I you?
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Oh fuck!!! Make sure u never come back then. And yeah it is the right part of the country

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
              He wasn't a Goth, he was an Emo.
              I totally agree with you definition. And that kid didn't sound like the kind of guy who could appreciate Voltaire, everyone's favourite Goth Elf Lord

Anyway, I think the kids main reason for writing that song and showing it to random people was to get attention. I mean, how many people run around with the stuff they write in their pockets? And the little drawings on the paper was just too much.

My sister is goth. Pink goth. She's 12 years old, lives in a somewhat rural area, and she's the only goth person in the area, except maybe my brother, who's slightly more metal/heavy. So I know it's not just a fashion bandwagon she's jumped on, since she's the only one, and gets a few nasty comments about it. She just doesn't care.

Not caring about the opinion of your classmates at the tender age of 12 is pretty awesome in my book. But that kid in your store was just pathetic.

Comment

I had a hunch it was Wellingtons. When I was a deputy, I wore Wellingtons, because when running through the desert after some a**hole, oxfords tend to load up with sand. My left boot had a big elastic strap sewn on it, and it made a great holster for my .380 auto backup. Needless to say, my boots were black leather, and I kept them in a Marine spit shine. Your wellies sound like the irrigator's boots they use here. They flood irrigate the fields, so the irrigators wear almost knee-high rubber boots that could conceivably be called Wellington style.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                  I'm not a goth, I'm just a geek with depression and a fascination with the morbid who likes interestingly cut clothing in blacks, charcoals and jewel tones.
                  Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                  Are you me? Am I you?

Um... Seshat... Becky... I've got bad news for you... that IS a goth.
                  Last edited by JustADude; 07-09-2007, 11:47 AM.
                  ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                  And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Working...
                  X