This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The toolbelt is not a toy!

As a cosmetician, I wear a toolbelt around my waist that holds makeup brushes, q-tips, disposable mascara wands etc.
    On Wednesday I was helping a customer try out a few eyeshadows, and therefore was using some of the brushes from around my waist. Suddenly, the dumb twit starts pulling brushes out of my toolbelt and trying them, instead of me using them on her as we are supposed to do. Then, she asks if I can remove the toolbelt and give it to her for a few minutes so that she can try the eyeshadows on herself without me.
    Uh, no. If you want to try out the eyeshadows, you need my help. And kindly do not pull things from the belt around my waist. Only my best friend, a fellow cosmetician, is allowed to take things from it when I'm wearing it.

by what force of will to you resist the urge to smack her presumptuous little paws?
    Everything sucks. I must be living in a vacuum.

Comment

I very politely but with a hint of steel in my voice told her not to touch the makeup brushes around my waist. She blinked at me, and said something to her friend in Chinese. I tend to believe it was something bitchy, as she seemed to be that type of person.

Comment

Oy, some people. I don't always like having other people put makeup on me, but I understand at some stores that's just the policy, and I comply.
        "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

I wore a belt that carried the tools of my trade, aqnd one time a guy tried to remove one very large item, and got his arm broken for the attempt. What he was trying to take was my .45 autopistol. Great idea for the cosmetician, I would never have thought of it. I saw a program about the annual barbecue and outdoor cooking show, and the latest is a utility belt for barbecuers. It holds a water/drink bottle, and all the cooking tools you can imagine.

Comment

Quoth Starlord View Post
            I wore a belt that carried the tools of my trade, and one time a guy tried to remove one very large item, and got his arm broken for the attempt. What he was trying to take was my .45 auto pistol.
            Yeah, I'd have done the same. What the hell kind of idiot grabs for a LEO's gun? Seriously, that's beyond the level of stupid for even the SCs we bitch about all day around here.
            ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
            And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Working...
            X