This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't go over!

This is one from my retail days, working for a place that sold cell phones and other things. We didn't process people's bills, but if they had a simple question I would answer it and if I didn't known the answer, I would direct them to call the carrier's service line.

One day this guy comes in an angrily throws down his cell phone bill. "Why the hell is my bill so high?!"

So I looked and his plan was $40 for 400 minutes or so. But his bill was $215 because he used overage by the ton (at 50 cents a minute on his plan that adds up!). I told him that and showed him the section where it showed he went over. He said, "That's a lie I didn't go over my minutes at all!" I apologized and said simply said, "Sir it's right here in black and white that you went over on your minutes. Nothing I can do, I advise to call your carrier at this point." He then blamed us for selling him a plan "that would be designed to scam him" and that he is canceling his service. When I informed him that the carrier would be charging him a termination fee, he said "It's a small price to pay for escaping a company that is scamming me!" and storms out.

Two things:

I believe that my co-worker was helping him when he first bought his phone, and when co-worker offered him a plan with twice the minutes for $20 more, he refused and said, "the lower one is fine for me."

Why can't people be responsible for their actions?

This isn't rum! Who took my lunch?
    How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth sld72382 View Post
      Why can't people be responsible for their actions?
      Seven words--if it makes sense, it's not allowed.™®©
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
      X