This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Sir Spaniard the 12th View Post
    Would walmart change the battery for him when they sell it to him?
    The one by me would have for my wife if they could get the back off. The woman working the jewerly counter tried, but thought she would have to force it (it did have some screws) to get it off, and she didn't want to damage it.

I've had good luck with the Timex Ironman series. My last one worked off the original battery for about 5 years, I got it on sale for about $30. Changed the band twice in that time. By time I got rid of it for another one, the buttons required so much force to work it was only good for telling time, and nothing else.

Comment

My watch is a Fossil and it would cost probably $65-85 to replace it with a similar style. I got it from the lost and found at work after it had been sitting in there for 2 months. I took it to the jewelry store and had them fix the clasp, take out a few links and put in a new battery. Voila! A new watch for $7.95.

I always go to the jewelry store to get a new battery. The back of my watch just pops off but you need the right tool (or a really small screwdriver) to do it, and I'd probably just scratch it up if I tried. Same with my gold "dress" watch. Plus I figure the jewelry store people are more likely to know what they're doing on a variety of different watch types.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

At our WM, they will not change batteries. They used to do it at the jewelry counter, but now, they will sell you the battery, or they will replace the battery, but you have to take the back off and replace it. They said WM got tired of replacing watches that broke when the back was removed or in the process of replacing it.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
          My watch is a Fossil and it would cost probably $65-85 to replace it with a similar style. I got it from the lost and found at work after it had been sitting in there for 2 months. I took it to the jewelry store and had them fix the clasp, take out a few links and put in a new battery. Voila! A new watch for $7.95.
          FYI, having anyone other than Fossil change the battery in a Fossil watch will void the warranty. I have about 6 or 7 of them since I live near an outlet, a Fossil Store will change the battery free of charge.
          The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

That's one thing I did like about working in the watch area at Macy's.....we didn't change the batteries, but could offer customers a coupon for 10% off services at a nearby jewelry repair place in the mall.

Comment

Working...
            X