This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Eve in the ER

I woke up to a pain I remember from about 6 years ago when I had a pinched nerve. I also remembered my nurse cousin telling me it could be a blood clot when I told her the symptoms so asked roomy to give me a ride to the ER.
    So that a doctor could see me and they could begin treating me they took me into the back and put me in a wheel chair in the hall. Then they brought in a man and put him in another wheel chair about 5 feet from me. He kept up a running commentary and EVERY TIME a nurse came to me he tried to divert them to him. After they gave me pain meds and came to check my blood pressure the nurse asks me how I'm doing. He chimes in "I'm miserable!" I wanted to yell at him "SHE WASN'T TALKING TO YOU ASSHOLE!!!"
    Consensus says it's a pinched nerve again, and to fo9llow up w/ my pcp in a week. Meanwhile I have anti-inflammatory pain meds.

Oh, so sorry to hear this. I go through this a couple of times a year, but the worst was 2 months on prednisone, which didn't help the pain. Neither did the vicodin. I hope whatever you're taking takes the edge off enough that you're functional.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Last time I went through this I had to walk with a cane. So far I'm not that bad yet.

Comment

Working...
      X