X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
    *raises hand*

I don't have one, and so far, I still can't get one. I do have a debit card, however, and that still works at a few places, yet.

^-.-^
    Same here, I cannot get a credit card. Damn stupid credit.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I can't think of a single 5 star hotel that doesn't need a credit card at check-in.
      I have a few clients that don't have or want credit cards. At least your hotel will take debit cards - a lot don't or if they do they hold a lot more than $100 off it.

What do you charge the folks who smoke in a non smoking room? The worst I've seen is $800 for cleaning fees.

Comment

Quoth auntiem View Post
        I can't think of a single 5 star hotel that doesn't need a credit card at check-in.
        I have a few clients that don't have or want credit cards. At least your hotel will take debit cards - a lot don't or if they do they hold a lot more than $100 off it.

What do you charge the folks who smoke in a non smoking room? The worst I've seen is $800 for cleaning fees.
        Minimum $100 for smoking in a non-smoking, possibly (rather probably) more on the weekend.

We are not trying to inconvenience anyone, but the way it was before we started requiring credit cards was out of control.

I might remove this restriction after the summer, see if the old trend comes back or if it stays normal. I hate excluding good people because of this rule, but I don't know if they are indeed good people until after they leave the hotel.

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
          Speaking of theft, about how much would be added to the bill for 'stealing' some towels if you asked first? I know stealing is wrong and all, but it's not actually stealing from the room if you clear it with the front desk first, right? There's been some relatively inexpensive places I've stayed at that had abso-freakin-lutely HUGE, high quality towels. If I'd been thinking of it at the time, I would've tried to get some for myself, since most towels are just way too small for my tastes.
          i think it was a quality inn i stayed at in vestal, they had a booklet offering *everything* in the room for sale, down to the funky desk lamps and paintings on the wall.
          DILLIGAF

Comment

On the subject of "stealing towels", I saw a sign at a hotel once that I thought was amusing. It went something like this:

"We at _____ Inn take pride in our quality amenities, and are glad when you like them too. If you enjoyed the products provided in your room, you can purchase them at these costs: Towels - $5, Robes - $10, etc etc. If these items are missing from your room at the end of your stay, we will assume you wished to purchase them, and will add the cost to your bill for you."

Comment

Quoth Skandranon View Post
              On the subject of "stealing towels", I saw a sign at a hotel once that I thought was amusing. It went something like this:

"We at _____ Inn take pride in our quality amenities, and are glad when you like them too. If you enjoyed the products provided in your room, you can purchase them at these costs: Towels - $5, Robes - $10, etc etc. If these items are missing from your room at the end of your stay, we will assume you wished to purchase them, and will add the cost to your bill for you."
              I've seen those at the last couple of hotels I stayed at. It's totally understandable being it costs the hotels money to provide these items, and when people are stealing them, it causes a hike in hotel rates. I have to admit though. It was nice back when Holiday Inn had their name embroidered in green letters on their towels. We used to occasionally take a couple of those home with us. Bigtime collector's items now, I'm sure.

Comment

Quoth Skandranon View Post
                Good for them!!!!!!!!!!
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                X